Well, I was going to install the rotors

JJanney

But, I found out that I have locking lugs, and I do not know where the key is. So I e-mailed Steve to see if he still had it. I hope he does.

Anyway, since I couldn't install the rotors and pads, I decided to wash/wax the car. (I was a wax-virgin!)

before.jpg

after.jpg

Looks a bit better. At first, I didn't think the wax did anything, but then I actually noticed a difference. Pretty decent, methinks.

Are you using Zaino as Steve did? I will tell you, he always waxed that car, but I never saw a difference in it till he started using Zaino (the last year he had it). Not trying to promote the product(it's not for everyone) but he and I both agreed there was a marked difference over anything else he used on that car. It really brought out the metallic.

Either way, nice work! Good luck with the lug key.

Thanks, Dan!

Actually, no, I'm not using Zaino. I really want too, but the cost is just unreal. That, and I am not exactly sure which Zaino product to use. What do you use, Dan? I was waiting for some waxing advice from you. :)

Well, alls ya had ta do is axe...

Truth is, the only products you really need are the Z1 and Z2. Done. That's it. The rest is optional.

Total cost ;$21.90 plus shipping. That would easily do you for a couple years even if you apply it monthly. A little goes a long way.

You can pay $20 for some P21S or Meguiar's Medallion etc. , so it's not really so bad when you compare it to other stuff. And in Florida , it's almost mandatory to use a sealant if your car sits outside at all. Wax just melts in a hurry.

I'll try and save you a little of mine when I order new (soon), and give it to you next meet. Cheers JJ.

Dan, if you're going to order, maybe I'll order with you, that way I know exactly what to get. I'm a wax-n00b.

I'd love to get some zaino too one of these days. $20 isn't bad if its good stuff. the Zymol I used in the past was like $12 for the liq. cleaner wax and it worked decient but doesn't go a long way. I'd love to get some more tips.

Maybe we should set up a detailing meet before powerfest :).

Are you going to make it to Powerfest?
-John

JJ....... On one of your trips from Melbourne to Volusia Co. stop off at Ecklers Corvette in Titusville. They stock the complete Zaino Brothers product line. No waiting on the UPS man! Ecklers is located on US 1 just south of HWY 50.

Bryan

Hey Dan, what should I use to get the clearcoat to shine again on my car....its really faded in some spots and turning white in others. Is it to late for the white spot? I know your the expert in the club with this.

Thanx,
Jeremy

Jeremy, I'd be lying to ya if I told you you could make that problem go away, because what you're seeing is clearcoat failure. It's common on most of these cars (and other makes/models as well) as you may already know.

Some folks that took extremely good care of their paint still had it happen because of Ford's mistakes at the factory during those years. Without getting overly technical, it involves a lack of paint thickness and the resulting lack of UV therein, caused by misadjusted "application bells" or high speed paint nozzles that spin and electrostatically deposit the paint.

Best advice is to start a repaint fund. Polishing the paint where it hasn't happened will certainly give you some shine, but won't halt the demise of the clear.

Wish I had better news to tell you, I have had to give it out to many over the years.

If you still want to polish up what is still good, I recommend 3M stuff, but you can surely do just as well with Meguiar's professional line as well as newer stuff like Menzerna (german product).

I use 3M Perfect-It III Rubbing Compound to cut and 3M Perfect-It III Machine Glaze , to polish. Sometimes I go 1 step more and finish dark colors with either Meguiar's #9 Swirl Remover, or the 3M Swirl Remover. I do everything with a rotary buffer also, but I have wetsanded and finished entire show vehicles by hand in the past. Can be done, just a ton of work by hand. If you lift weights it helps, lol.

Best of luck, just ask if I can be of further assistance.

ED-SC1.jpg

Last edited:
Hey OneQuick...I think I've talked to you before in person a long time ago...I work at the Trails Publix in Ormond..Im pretty sure that i talked you about the car...anyways...small world..Sam

Hey Sam

I remember talking to you that day about T-Birds. Good to see you here. Give me a yell if you spot me again out there.

SuperChicken89 said:
JJ....... On one of your trips from Melbourne to Volusia Co. stop off at Ecklers Corvette in Titusville. They stock the complete Zaino Brothers product line. No waiting on the UPS man! Ecklers is located on US 1 just south of HWY 50.

Bryan

And the price ain't to bad either.. That's where I got mine from JJ.. Haven't used it but I have it sitting here on my shelf to use.. I'm waiting on Dan to come over and visit!!! with all his equipment of course!!!

SlicksNchicks said:
Hey OneQuick...I think I've talked to you before in person a long time ago...I work at the Trails Publix in Ormond..Im pretty sure that i talked you about the car...anyways...small world..Sam

dude, cool...i work for Publix too....in West Palm though.

joseph

Man, another newbie.. hello Joseph, welcome to the SCCoFL if you'd like to email me your name and email address and any links you have out on the web with pictures of your car I'll get you on out website members page and on our email list.. kamakazie_1@hotmail.com

Since your in south Florida please join us at Moroso the 26th of this month, take a look at the thread sticky'd at the top of our forum for the details and drive safe out there..

RJ

RJ,

i have an LX, the SC guys know a few quirks and have a huge selection of used parts, some of which im looking for. I would love to come out to Moroso but i have to work on the weekends, i might be there on friday night to go racin, i would like to try out my new built 4R70W.

joseph

Back