aod retaining ring location

Dogleg

I am ready to reassemble my AOD but I cannot identify the location of one retaining ring. The ring is about the same size as the center support retaining ring (bent ends). The included picture shows the center support retaining ring on the left and the mystery one on the right.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

Attachments

• im000681a.jpg
    im000681a.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 176
It might be the same part. My center retaining ring looks like the right one. Are you working with two transmissions, like swapping parts?

The next largest one would go on the output shaft, but it is not as big as the center ring.

Yes I am working with 2 transmissions but I have two of each ring. I have a ford manual and an aod transmission manual with diagrams. I have been over both with no luck. I'm starting to wonder if it is a ring used during assembly (assembly line) and it doesn't need to go back in.

I too had the same problem and that dam manual dose not cover where to put the retaining rings. It only shows one. Its been a while but i finaly found a spot for it but it dosnt look like it served any perpose to me . Good luck

Back