New Headlights?

375hp90aniv

IS ANYONE AWARE OR A DIFFRENT TYPE OF HEADLIGHT?
SOMETHING A LITTLE MORE MODERN, HID MAYBE?

I WOULD LIKE SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN THE STOCK PLASTIC HEADLIGHTS. THERE HAS GOT TO BE SOMEONE THAT HAS TRIED A CONVERSION FROM A DIFFRENT VEHICLE. MAYBE I AM GOING A LITTLE OVERBOARD BUT WOULDN'T IT BEE COOL TO HAVE HEADLAMPS OFF A NEWER BMW WITH THE "OWL LIKE" RINGS OR ATLEAST A NEWER STYLE?

ANY COMMENTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Attachments

• cougar1.jpg
    cougar1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 351
I agree. I have been looking for some aftermarket headlights and taillights to see if I can find something a little different but have not had any luck yet. I will be watching this post to see if any one replys with good news

I believe it might be possible to convert to the HID Xenon lamps in the newer Marks; as long as you keep their lenses it should work well.

I actually had the same thought about the BMW light conversion. Looking closer at some of these lights, the clear plastic lens is clipped on to the back assembly. Easy enough, but can you make an early model lens clear? There also seems to be enough clearance in the rear of our light housing to house the depth of the BMW light. Plenty of the BMW lights are out on the internet for sale. I was thinking of pulling an old pair of lenses off a t-bird in the junk yard and purchasing some xenon lights from a 300 series BMW to see if it will work.

That is when I find some time.........LOL

Greg said:
but can you make an early model lens clear?

Yes; There is another member here who did this, unfortunately I can not remember who & they never revealed how it was done. From the pictures they posted, the lights were very clear and looked designed that way.

BMW lights sound like a good idea, as long as anything done w/ them includes the assembly to focus the beam.

Is that Cougar missing an engine, it looks like the front end is on stilts.

It is missing an engine right now. I have torn out the 302 and am putting in a much milder 351c. It should be done within the month. It is for sale if some one is willing to pay the right price.

Back to the headlights.......

I have found a set of 300 series headlights from a BMW (but of course they are not a direct fit) and am looking for someone that can manufacture or modify something to house the lamps in the space alloted in our SC front clip. I also think it would be pretty trick if we could do something with the tail lights and make them sequential like on my cougar( by adding lights in the trunk part of the tail lens). I am also having difficulty finding used wheels (chrome preferably)?

Any suggestions?

Here is another pic of the cougar (I'm pretty proud of it.... just got it back from paint and interior work)

Attachments

• cougar10.jpg
    cougar10.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 286
1BADSC said:
Is that a B&M Quicksilver shifter?

It is a B&M, although I am not sure of the model name anymore.
It is the one that you have to lift up on a switch to change from park, reverese or neutral and it ratchets through the forward gears. I always called it a slam shifter because it is impossible to over shift and you can not miss a gear.

Yeah, it looks like either the Quick Silver or the Hammer. Both are foward and backwards ratchet action. I had that in my Z-28, it got really annoying after a while lol. :)

As far as headlight lens options for Gen 1 SC's are concerned, there might be other choices. I remember talking to another SCCoW member awhile back about this and he said that Gen 2 Integra one-piece headlight housings are VERY close in dimensions to Gen 1 SC's and may install nicely with some minor modifications. The Integra single piece headlights that I have seen are decent quality and have projector lens built in, perfect for HID kits. They are not cheap though. Just thought I would pass this info along. I doubt it has been done before but might be doable.

I was looking at the Audi A4 and A6 lenses the other night. I didn’t take a ruler to it but they look like it would be possible to adapt them to the SC’s. Like bigcletus94 said “doubt it has been done before but might be doable”. Probably a good money maker if someone would piece it together and make it work.

Back