The top and IC fan are on order!!

D

Dan Lineback

The top and IC fan are on order!!

I called Bill E. today and ordered the 3/4" top and the 8" IC fan. He seems to be really pleasant to deal with, as this was my first time actually talking to him. Might actually get it by this weekend if I'm lucky. I'll definately get it all on there by the 24th and see how it helps!! Also got part of my air intake built. I currently have a short piece of 3" exhaust pipe connected to the TB and MAF with 3" "hump Hoses". These are pieces of 3" heavy duty coolant hose (the 3 layer stuff) about 4" long with a hump in the middle to allow them to flex, allowing me to use the straight piece of pipe. I still have the stock airbox in place now, but as soon as I get my K&N cone from work, I will remove the airbox and run a 3" exhaust elbowfrom the MAF through the opening in the fender, welding a plate around the pipe to block the remainder of the opening and to give the whole thing suport. From there, under the fender, I will use a short 45 degree elbow to hook up the cone. After I get it all built, if I am happy with it, I may round up some chrome or brushed T-304 stainless pieces to use and make it look all purty. I talked to my exhaust man and he said he could get some header material and use it, as it has much thinner walls, thus lighter weight.

Hopefully all this along with my B&M ripper will help my .25 mile times tremendously.

Back