Keyless Remote Question Please Help

superbird92

I have a 92 sc with the keypad on the drivers door. I was curious if my car had the option for a keyless remote? If you need any information i'll be gald to get it and let you know. If i can use a keyless remote does anybody have any programing instructions for it. Please let me know cuz i would really like to do this to my car.

Thanks
Josh

Check the left hinge of your trunk lid. It should have a white sticker on it with the code, that I believe is programmed from Ford and cannot be erased. But, you use that number to program a second number that is easier for you to remember. Check your owners manual for the reprogramming procedures. I also remember a post that somebody mentioned a while ago (you'll have to do a search) about taking the keyless entry computer apart (or something along that line) and from the way the wires are soldered, you can read the original code.

no i'm trying to see if i can use a keyless remote like on a keychain to get into my car. Sorry if i confused you.

i have seen that website before my boss showed me that one when he was programing his car. i do have some wires in the drivers rear quarter panel but i don't know exatly what they are all for.

If your system supports the remotes, it will have an antenna on the keyless computer in the trunk, on the drivers side, behind the wheel well, behind the carpet, under the black plastic box. If not, you may be able to use a 93 computer with an antenna. Good luck

which box would that be there is a gray one and a black one. The black one is connected to the black box on the drivers rear quarter panel.

See my other post today about the 1993 EVTM manual. I have posted the programming instructions for the key fobs.

Jon

Back