question about sc wheels.

94thunder

i have a 1994 thunderbird 4.6. i'm looking for set of rims for the car but i dont know the size of the bolt pattern. can u guys help me out. i was looking at the mach 1 mustang rims, but dont know if they would fit. thx vick

Won't fit...

The mustangs use a 5 lug 4.5" bolt pattern. Our thunderbirds use the unique 5 lug 4.25" bolt pattern.

You would have to have the rims re-drilled to fit on the t-bird or convert to the mustang bolt pattern.

Since you have a T-bird 4.6liter, those came with 15" alloys. I know most guys with 4.6engines usually like upgrading to the SC alloys cheap. Those are 16x7" wheels and can run a 225-60ZR-16 wheel. I just upgraded to 17" wheels on my car and My old SC rims can go to a nice home, if you're interested in picking them up, I'll sell them to you, e-mail me at JTROSI@hotmail.com.

What are you looking to get for those rims? ive got a lonely LX in the backyard that would look nice with a set. Hmm then i'll have 2 sets of SC rims to clean which are a lot easier to detail than the LX rims.:p

I haven't really thought about it...

I tried asking one time what the "going rate" would be, but no one responded. If you wanna talk about it more, e-mail me at JTROSI@HOTMAIL.COM

I do need to clean the brake dust off the rims first!

thx for ur input. but what i dont understand is how i see many thunderbirds with the cobra and cobra r rims. thx vick

Because they are aftermarket replicas of the Cobra wheels, drilled to T-Bird bolt pattern.

Try the 'search' feature on this forum, wheel sizing and bolt pattern has been discussed many times before. ;)

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Hey dirtybird, I clicked on the link, and they have a 35th anny for a template to show yoy how the rims ar going to look. Now thats cool.

yea and if you input a year from 94 up it gives you a 96/97 template. Wish SCs were made in 96/97.

Some SC's also have a SN95 conversion which runs the 4.5" bolt pattern hub. With that pattern owners can add any wheel that'll fit a Stang 94+

he vick.. yeah get the cobra wheels,with the snake head with his tongue coming out of his lip..they have a lot more grip on the sap of the slid on the face..they are the best rims.. 2.95 apiece, can buy them at walmart or shop rite/

Back