carfax discrepancy...what to do?

Not sure what to tell you about the carfax not labeling your car as an SS. I double checked the carfax I did this summer on my SC and that one did specify SC. I agree with you that it should specify SS somewhere.

As far as the milage and date difference that could be a couple different things.

1. When they got it the sales manager or someone kept it as a demo vehicle for the summer and racked up 4k miles or

2. They sold it to someone who ended up not getting financing or got it repo'd so the dealership got it back.

Either way someone put on 4k miles over the summer. I would probably do a little more homework on it.

The SS's were conversions done by SLP. Call them up, give them the VIN, and ask if it's one of their cars.

From what I remember from my f-body days, you can't determine if it's an SS by VIN code alone..

SS

Thanks, I called SLP, it is an SS. As for the 4k miles this summer, oh well, the car still does only have 14,8xx on it so screw it. I just got ok'd for the financing too, now all I have to do is wait for them to get the title. I should be driving it next week. I hope I get it before they salt the roads and I have to put it away!!! And for anybody that doesn't know and is wondering, I'm keeping the SC too, at least for a while. My backup car is cooler than most peoples cars!!! lol

Last edited:
Back