Engine / Exaust Temperature

375hp90aniv

I'm curious.......
Am I alone here when I say that the temperature under my hood seems tooooo high? What I mean is, if the car is at running temp and you walk by the front of the car...... you can feel the heat. Or even stopped at a stoplight with my arm out the window.... I can feel the heat rising from under the car. ? ?

Here is what I have....
The exaust is new 2.00" from the cats, to a "opened" new resonator, no mufflers to 3.5" dumps (tips) just barely peeking out from under the groundefx in the rear. 210 degree thermostat, and many other mods, but nothing directly to do with this situation.

I thought that maybe I needed to add aftermarket headers, so I am purchasing some ceramic "shorties" hoping that it would dissapate the exaust heat better.
Now here's my deliema....... I've been a backyard mechanic (on fords mostly) for many of my years now and the rule of thumb behind ceramic is they need "AIR FLOW" to work correctly, and the SC does not have air flow!
Will wrapping the stock headers cut down on the underhood heat or will I just be asking for trouble. Is the configuration under the hood of these SC's a design flaw or is it just my car.

Getting into the engine bay of these cars is certainly a task, and I want to ask questions before I start "trying" things.

Here's an example of the heat under the hood,
I was also having ABS problems and when I "double footed" the pedal to stop it would pump fluid out the resivoir. Well it caught fire. I have since replace every component for the abs. But still have this heat!

Feedback is very welcomed....
:confused:

The stock thermostat is a 195 degree unit. The temperature rating is that temperature the thermostat starts to open. Usually it means there is 10 to 12 degrees above that number before it is full open. Put a 195 degree thermostat in and see if you can lower those temps some.

Back