5spd torque max, and other qestions?

Lycaon

I was wondering, was the maximum torque rating on the m5r2 SC 5spd?

And does anyone know where i might be able to get Wood grain interior trim for a '90 T-bird SC?

Thanks!

Don't really know I have ever seen a torque rating for the M5R2. Most folks that break them do so because of wheel hop (breaking the tailshaft housing and such) or blow the blocker rings in the synchro's due to speed shifting.

never looked for a woodgrain kit so can't say on that one.

hmm, in the immortal words of homer....doh

it appears i'll be contacting ford tomorrow...i'll let you know what i find out!

See if they have in their records what the max torque rating on the 5spd's are. I'm planning some upgrades for my SC and i'm wondering at what time I should start worring about the tranny giving.

A friend told me that he beleived that the max torque on the M5R2 was arround 330-350. I'm having my supercharger Magnaport'd and rebuilt and getting one of the MP upgraded inlet plenums and i beleive that would put the engine around that torque range

On the list of Top SCs it specifies which of the most powerful registered SCs is using auto & M5R2 transmissions. I believe Gary Kuhn currently has the fastest manual, he is running low 12s and I think pushing over 500hp/tq. Don't know if his trans has been modified.

I do know the M5R2 is said to support more than a T5, and that our transmission is similar to the one used in the F150 & Ranger trucks.

Back