how'd the Chattanooga meet go?

S

Stryford

how'd the Chattanooga meet go?

it was a wonderful, sunny, mild day today, and i had to sit at home while you guys were out having fun! you bastards! :lol:

how was the meet? did it come close to the SW meets, in terms of kicking ass, Glenn?

PLEASE have another meet BEFORE i leave for OKC in late March/April. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! ;)

isn't there a President's Day weekend coming up in February? how about a meet during that weekend? i'm not exactly sure when that weekend will be, but i'm guessing that it's the Feb 17th weekend. how's that sound? pretty please? :rollin:

Feb 17th in Chattanooga. let me know what you guys think.

Re: how'd the Chattanooga meet go?

Well, we met up at the old Sam's parking lot did the prerequisit burnouts and donuts and compared notes on our cars. Attempted to analyze the engine noise in Jason's XR-7 that his dad trailered up from ALA. About 6-7 of us showed up. We had some of the best ribs ever at Sticky Fingers BBQ and we met over at Tim's to see the drag race videos I had accumulated over the year. I'm thinking that we might try to meet a Silver Dollar Dragway next month as they open this month and new member Bill Carey is the track announcer.

Stryford....your gonna have to drive next!

The angry face is for having to write this a second time. My server cut me off cause I took too long last time.

Steve, Deeds Above Words my man!! Chatta is now a "Been there, Done that" town. Next one you will have to drive where ever the SCCoSE meets again in GA or AL.

Was it like a SCCoSW meet? Yes and No. Yes, because Tim newcome found us a gorgeous parking lot of an abandoned Sam Club, like in SCCoSW tradition for smoke shows (he also let us use his house to see drag racing videos).

NO, because only a few of us actually took the "Smoke Signals 101" class. Jason, Dan did a few burnouts and donuts, and myself kicking things off to see how the XB70 would do on new TOYO 245/50VR16 rubber (smooth boiling and plenty of smoke by the way). Didn't do much driving but we got to discuss a lot of mods and plans which is always good. 4 SC's, 1 91 LX 5.0/SC clone, and Jason's 89 XR7 was turcked up there and smoke them even with bad engine noises. All of them were 5 speeds except for the 5.0 clone of course. The clone was a very sweet looking machine however.

Good meet overall, but surely can't compare with the Sin City SCCoSW meet that we will read about soon I hope...if no one got arrested, he he.

If you don'tmake the next one, no Excuses accepted. Also have the OKC 27-29 MN12 National Meet that you can make.

Glenn

Can't Complain!!!

I had a good time, although I can't say that my tires will agree!!! I'm gonna have to find me some xtra rims to put my old slickers on for smokin' so I don't trash the Goodyears any more.

Those of you that got some pics up there, e-mail them to me & I'll put them on the website. (Especially pics of our burn-outs!!!!)

Looking forward to doin' it all again soon!!!!

Re: Can't Complain!!!

I guess we'll have to buy another set of rims to put burnout tires on. You know, some cheapies that have real crappy traction.

Re: Can't Complain!!!

i think silver dollar dragway will be a great place for a meet. i got two scs one is for sell. please help i need to sell one one of them.

I had fun.....

I thought for our first attempt at a non-dragstrip meet we did pretty good. I dont think weve reached the SCCOSW level of craziness just yet but we a a young chapter gentlemen. We are growing everyday. Guys, I cant say enough about my dad bringing that car up there. I never asked him to do that, he just showed up Friday with it to surprise me after I got back from work. It was a 236 mile drive from our driveway to my Apartment in Dalton, not including going to Chattanooga and back on Saturday. WOW! Thanks Dad!

Those ribs at Stickey Fingers were fabulous! Guys if you go there again get the Memphis Dry Ribs, they are awesome. If we ever have another meet in the area we are definitely going there.

On a sad note: By the time I got my car back to Sam's to load it back up, sure enough it developed a really loud hammering clank, clank, clank. Looks like is terminal. Im a college student with little spare time or money, so that may be the last time you'll see my Cougar at a meet in a while. What can I say, thats the way the cookie crumbles I guess.
Jason Parham

Re: I had fun.....

Well, Jason at least now we know for sure that it was the crank. Kiss that one good bye. Now you have to decide how you want to do it: used engine, short block, rebuild it, or whatever.

Re: I had fun.....

Sorry I couldnt make it, but looking forward to the meet next month at the Silver Dollar dragstip. I got another chip to try out and would like to get the results and put the puter back where it belongs instead of laying on the carpet.

Rotten Ron

Its been a while guys

Well I just finished up with boot camp and Im now in Groten CT going to a sub school. I will be here for about 4 weeks then I get about a month off before I go to Kings Bay GA. I cant wait to here from yall again I can contacted by E-mail at OneBLOWN6@hotmail.com.
Steve Griffith
12.7 @ 110 mph

Re: Its been a while guys

Hey, Steve. Good to hear from you again.

Back