Pig rich at WOT

Jason Wild

Has any one had this problem with there SC at WOT it's so pig rich you can see black smoke just pouring out the tall pipes?
If so what did you do to fix this.
Thanks Jason

I may be wrong but if you were infact runnig rich it would be blueish and not exactly pouring out. Your proablems might be bigger than that. Like I said, i could be wrong.

on my sc i'm running no cats so you can tell when its running rich. At wide open throttle mine is a tad rich. This is mainly because i gutted the stock MAF and drilled out the sampling tube. On the dyno i was getting a 10.7 : 1 ration using a wide band 02 sensor. Thats rich, should be around 12:1. I just installed 42lb injectors and a calibrated maf, and the problem is gone. Put it on the dyno or get a wideband o2 run to see the ratio. My problem was just that, but yours could always be something else. just my input....

My guess would be that somewhere you're blowing out intake air under boost. Since it's only at WOT, sure points to that.

If the FPR was not regulating, then you'd have constant FP and would go lean under boost.

If it's Blue that would be oil your burning. I have a 76 MM maf with the 30# tube. Last time on the dyno at one point over 4000RPM it was go to 9 to 1 AF. I have to the test looking for boost leak I did find one and fixed that. the other odd part is even with a 5% pulley I get like 12# of boost.
Thanks for the Ideas kept them coming I would rather fix the problem then just fix it with my tuner.
Jason

wow 9:1 is rich. Sounds like a fuel pressure issue. Test your pressure. The regulator is most likely stuck so its the wrong pressure.

Jason, I too am having the same trouble with my car. I am going to look at fule pressure, a few at the track had mentioned that to me. I am also going to remove(not sell) the MAC intake, and put on the stock itake. I also got a 9 to 1 on A/F charts using a wide band O2, so this is major to get fixed, and fast. I have stock injectors and a stock MAF, so it is kindda of troubling to narrow it down.

We should talk more at Wed, if you can make it out.

I just looked at the fuel pressure at it from 32psi to 36 at idle. I found that if you rev it that each time it will not come back down to the same PSI. when reving I will get a max of 40 to 44 or so.
I'm not sure what stock Psi should be?

pull the vacumm line off the regulator while the car is idling. The pressure should be 39psi static(line off the regulator) Just make sure you plug the line so its not a vacumm leak.

Back