Urgent: Ignition wire harness

Billabong089

Tbird88 ( Wayne ) sent me his 89 ignition wire harness for the DIS and cam sensor and coil pack ,etc that big bundle of wires... so anyway I went to put it in my 92 thunderbird and it doesn't fit, on the black DIS plug its missing one of the wires ( it was factory ) and the ECC connection ( i believe thats what that is, the connector going towards the windshield above the DIS) is also different the 92 has more wires and a big connector than the 89... so what harnesses can I use for the 92?

What years are the same and why are they different?

PLEASE HELP! I really need to get my car on the road and if anyone is parting out a 92 thunderbird contact me ASAP! I can make it worth your wild lol.

Last edited:
whats an ac 92?

Trust me the harness is different, in a couple of aspects, I can look further into it tommorrow...

And mike plz call that guy for me and get back to me via PM ;)

I ran into this same problem. '89 and '90s were the same. They had the smaller, rectangular plug in to the main harness. '91 - '93 had the bigger, square plug in to the main harness. '94 and '95 was a completely different thing.

Billabong089 said:
whats an ac 92?

Trust me the harness is different, in a couple of aspects, I can look further into it tommorrow...

And mike plz call that guy for me and get back to me via PM ;)
Billy I meant to put 92 SC.
Yes I know the harness is different for the 92 but you told me that Wayne was sending you one, so what your saying is Wayne sent you the wrong harness, am I correct?

he sent me one from an 89 SC, hes going to look and send me another one I believe, I'm currently talking to him through emails.

Originally posted by MIKE 38sc
Try the for sale forum. Does'nt Wayne have a 92 harness?
You did tell him you had ac 92 didnt you?:confused:

in the cover-my-butt dept...
Yep, my bad, he mentioned that he had a '92 in one of his first emails asking for parts. It went right past me because of his handle, Billabong089 and also because I didn't know there's a difference in harnesses (hmph, Ford, imagine that! LOL!).

and unless someone can help him quicker...
Per emails last night, I'm sending him the harness off've "Carla" (my '91 racecar) so he can get his SC on the road asap.

Wynn, Lynn, Gwynn, Win, Wayne, Wine, When, Whatever...now ya know why I sign as 'bird :)

'bird

harness

i have a harness you can have if you still need one it has it all there even the fuse box so let me know its a 91 harness and ill be out in nj this weekend so let me know

I dont believe there is a fuse box, are you sure your talking about the right harness?

I'm going to let wayne send me the harness and wayne, you are the man, no joke, more people should be like you, I hate to say I love you but lol I think I might haha jk ;)

Email me and let me know what you want to do with the 89 harness or whatever else, shipping money,etc.

sc_marine, thanks for the offer, umm I guess if I need it I'll get back to you, just for reference this is the harness that connects to the DIS, cam sensor , coil pack ,etc ... does not connect to the fuse box. ;)

harness

well i have a new one of those too so if you need it just let me know i called ford and they said that its compatable with the 89-93 sc

Back