Engine is back in the car!

Tazer999

Well theres the cars current profile, :D A bit too high for my likings, but I need it stock height for the winter coming up. No more drag racing for me either, this car is strictly being setup for auto crossing, I have been bit by that bug HARD. Winter presents for myself will be new swaybars, strut tower braces, eibachs, and tokicos hopefully.

DSC00141.jpg

Anyways, here is how the engine bay looks now. I just gotta finis having the aluminum ac delete pulley/bracket made up and installed, run the intake hose line under the blower, install my battery terminals and its all done

DSC00140.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00139.jpg

Looks good!

Tazer,
congratulations on a job well done! That cool paint job that you did on your SC would really look good on a 35 Anniversary!
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Dirtybird91

I still like what you did with the top and IC runners.

Based on my, and others experience, spend the extra money for the Ford Tokicos and NOT the Luminas.

I've got over 115K on my originals and they're still working just fine. ;)

Lee

Man, That looks nice,and,clean.Good job!

You might want to look into just running a shorter belt,to delete the AC.
You can do it with out the delete pulley.With a UD water pump pulley on
a 51.5 inch or 51.250 NAPA belt will work. $29.95.And a little work.YOU
need no brackets on the alternator.Its bolt on,just need to make some clearance
on the alternator bracket.Its cheaper & easy & looks cleaner.

Randy

If you are building this car for auto cross you will need something a lot better than the stock shocks or Illuminas. Trust me when I tell you the Illuminas are not worth squat.

Get either the Blisteins or if cash permits....get Konis. Also, not sure if you have upgraded your brakes, but stock brakes will need to be upgraded.

BTW.....the car looks great.

Randy N Connie said:
Man, That looks nice,and,clean.Good job!

You might want to look into just running a shorter belt,to delete the AC.
You can do it with out the delete pulley.With a UD water pump pulley on
a 51.5 inch or 51.250 NAPA belt will work. $29.95.And a little work.YOU
need no brackets on the alternator.Its bolt on,just need to make some clearance
on the alternator bracket.Its cheaper & easy & looks cleaner.

Randy

Do you have some close pics of how you did that....I would like to see how it was done. Thanks.

Randy: Thats what I am doing right now and there just does not seem to be enough belt surface on the water pump. I have a stock water pump pulley and there is hardly any belt on it at all. I would really not like to overheat my engine and thats why I am having a delete pulley fabbed up for me

Tazer99 , you need the UD pulley it is a larger diameter.look at the pictures.

tbirdsc357 pictrures are located at, hear is your 4 pictures kuhnga, and engine off the stand.

Last edited:
Tazer What did u use to do the all this. I was thinkin of tackling that task soon just didnt know what to use. Mind sharin wit me

Jay

Back