Some ideas for 2001 events, etc

D

Dan Lineback

Some ideas for 2001 events, etc

I had a few ideas of some goals we can set for our chapter in 2001. Now that we've become established, it's time to kick it into high gear and make our presence known.

One Idea I had was to promote the club and get as many members as possible. Mike is in the process of submitting our club info to the Atlanta Journal (they have a "wheels" section on fridays that has a listing of car clubs and shows). We can also let other SC owners that we may meet know about the club.

Another thing that would be cool is getting involved with the N. Georgia Vintage T-Bird Club. I'm in the process of looking into this, but I think that during the spring & summer they have cruise-ins a coulpe times a month at different locations in the N. GA area. It would be cool if we could get a bunch of SC's participating in some of these.

We can also get involved in some of the car shows. On any given saturday during the summer, there are always several car shows going on. It would rock if we had a bunch of SC's at a car show. Maybe even get into some smoke show competition with some of the street rods and muscle cars!!

Here is an idea..

The World of Wheels usually comes to Birmingham around February. Granted i think you have to submit pictures of your car and they have to approve you before you can show your vehicle but i think a big group of SC's there would definitely draw interest. The downside is that the show is indoors in the Birmingham-Jefferson Civic Center so those bright lights they got in there will bring out any kind of imperfections in your paint.

HOW ABOUT....

How about the Grand Rod Run in Pigeaon Forge,
TN in mid April. There is probably at least a
couple of thousand cars up there. The start
parking at one end and go all the way down one
side and back down the other. The have ever thing there. Mustang, Camodes, and a few older cars also.
(all years)

Back