Wayne Ing, Miles Nerona....nitrous?

super red91

Ive been trying to find out what mods Wayne Ing and Miles Nerona had on their cars when they used nitrous. Both cars with in the mid to low 13's and i was wondering what else they had done besides nitrous. Thanks

I believe Wayne's was all stock internals w/ most bolt-ons and a 100hp dry shot of Nitrous. Of course this is all from memory. Some of the Canadian can probably fill in the blanks.

Do you know any different? I was around then and when he first did it to his second one he blew the head gaskets either the first time out or soon there after. His first one was a dry shot of 50hp and had other mods along with it. I was around when he did it so no research was really necessary, I was just trying to recall it from memory, that's why I said I think. From what I have heard now, again just hearsay, he has done some other stuff but hasn't posted any recent times.

Well seeing as I have drag raced against Miles a few times myself and he has gone MANY times I think its safe to say it has lasted more then a couple of passes...

Well I know for a fact that both the Blue 89 and the White 92 that Wayne had both ran nitrous more than a few runs.......

I guess I must have remembered wrong. I know his White one lasted a while but I thought his blue one was just basically all nitrous at first and he blew it. :( Maybe I'm just getting old and senile.

translation of this post so far:

you may want to modify your engine at least slightly before you start running consistent shots of N20.
Of course, it would depend on how much of a shot and what type of n20 you wish to run too. I will be running a 100 wet shot, but I cannot comment on it's reliabilty just yet as I am concentrating on getting the engine itself up to snuff.

I think Fast92sC is running something like a 65 ZEX dry shot on a basically stock engine and turned something like a 280 or so RWHP number. Do a search and drop some guys an email and they could probably tell you their personal experiences with using this stuff.

Good Luck,
Skip

Aaron Pedroza said:
I guess I must have remembered wrong. I know his White one lasted a while but I thought his blue one was just basically all nitrous at first and he blew it. :( Maybe I'm just getting old and senile.

The blue car was a worn out 89 5-speed car Wayne had picked up cheap with over 200,000 km on it. The jetting he put in would work out to close to a 100 shot of nitrous, and not surprisingly it didn't take that for very long. But it did run 13.2 with only the spray, plus full exhaust and a raised blower top. ;)

Wayne had intended that one to be a parts car anyway, so it was basically an experiment to see how much nitrous he could put to it for how long.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Back