View Full Version : gas tank

10-15-2003, 02:32 PM
I'm putting a 92'-97' style gas tank and 190lph fuel pump on my 89' SC and I think i've run into a problem.

I read that I need the straps from the 92'-97' tank for it to be "bolt-on", is this correct?

Does anybody have any clue where I can get the straps (if I need them) besides a salvage yard, I called a bunch and came to a dead end when they started telling me to look at the ones I had already called. Found them at Ford but for $117 and I can't see paying that much for some plastic straps.

Is there a easy way to make the 89' straps work? I am not doing this work myself so I need everything to bolt right up.

Also if anybody has some for sale at a reasonable price, on good sellers list, and can ship ASAP please let me know.

E-mail: [email protected]

Thanks guys!

10-15-2003, 03:18 PM
you might want to talk to racecougar, he has a lot of parts for sale...

click here (http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26887)


10-16-2003, 02:50 PM
E-mailed him and he doesn't want to sell seperately from the gas tanks he has, thanks for replying though. Does anybody else have any suggestions or know of somebody who may have the straps?

10-16-2003, 08:54 PM
I'm going to have the same issue and figure I'll just have to fabricate something when I get around to it. You may have to just consider doing the same. Banded steel is available at hardware stores that might be used to fabricate something.

Salvage yards just cut the straps. Unless you can find some in a car at a yard where you pull it yourself, you'll have to figure something out.

MIKE 38sc
10-16-2003, 09:03 PM
I have one now sitting in the shop floor. The drivers side strap is built into the metal sheilding. The pass side uses 1 of your old straps from the older tank. Both straps come off the old tank.