18x8.5 wheels

kenewagner

I see a set of new 18x8.5 wheels listed in parts for sale. My question is will these wheels fit my 93 SC. Could there be rubbing problems? Do I need to be concerned with the offset. I would like some input before putting some green down Thanks

i just put a set of 18 x 8.5 shadows on my car over the summer.
I believe the offset of the rims are 42. I am running 245/45/18 with bilsteins shocks. I get rubbing, but i think its do to the stock springs becoming soft. The springs feel "bouncy" I think that if i change to a stiffer spring, it will eliminate the rubbing.
I don't know if that helps, but the SC looks so much more aggressive with the bigger and wider rims
Let me know if you have any more questions

Wheels

Are you running the same tire size front and rear? Can the rear wheel well and rim take a wider tire. The wheels I am looking at are great looking and priced right if they fit all around

My 18x8-1/2" Fittipaldi wheels are +35 offset, they fit pretty nicely. With 255-45-18 tires all around (one size too large really, 245-45-18 would be optimum) I had a bit of rubbing on the rear at times on the fender lips (car is lowered 1-1/2" with Eibachs), a bit of trimming and massaging fixed that.

So confirm that the offset is in the range of +35 to +42, get a good set of 245-45-18 tires and you should be OK. :)

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Wheels

When I need answers this is the place to go Thanks for all the input. If anyone else cares to add to this post that would be great.:)

first of all, i would like to thank FAST ED N again, he solved all my questions regarding my rim and tire selections. Thanks!
The 245/45/18 tire combo looks great!!

To the question, yes i am running the same tire size all around, but if you want, you can go a lot wider in the back. I seen a few people on this board that did

Are those the rims from Lou you are asking about?

I emailed him and said they have an offset of 45mm.

Will they work?

Julian

+45 offset on 8.5" wheels will likely rub on the front suspension. Nothing a small spacer wouldn't fix if the wheels are the right price.

cheers
Ed N.

Wheels

I think I will be getting the wheels if they are still available. They look like a great deal. Thanks all for the advice:)

Back