Downshifting transmission ?

ruswin

I read the only other thread to do with this problem, but it is incomplete. My 95 auto downshifts unexpectantly and randomly. I was told by a local trans place that there was a service bulletin out for the manual position sensor? Trying to get more info on it and it's location on the tranny. Called Ford service, (they all suck) and they were too busy to help. Can someone out there get me the bulletin number or point me to a place where I can look it up?
If there is an inclusive source of this kind of info, we should all be able to find it. Is there anyway to link to a recall / bulletin database?

Problem found!!!

Sometimes it just takes a little time for me to "close the loop". After posting this original thread, my engine blew and the car was sidelined for some time.
I am happy to say that it is now running pretty damn good AND the problem with the downshifting WAS the nuetral positioning sensor or MPS. Even after I checked the resistance following Ford's test proceedures, the problem did not seem to be the actual sensor assembly. BUT IT WAS. The lesson here is don't listen to Ford and even if the sensor test OK, replacing the suspected problem component is the only way to know for sure. It was the SCCOA members that had suggested that to be the TRUE problem all along. Touche' :D

Back