engine stalls....

oxygen822

I started up my SC the other morning and everything was running fine. i got maybe 1/2 mile away, was just idling pulling into a parking lot and it stalled. just boom, dead... the only mod i have is a cold air intake. so a friend and i went out to take a look at it, the engine would turn over, but it sounds like it's lacking power or something. It fired, but would stall when the revs dropped to idle. we went to work on it the other night in the parking lot and it fired up and ran fine... ran it for 20-30 minutes, no problems. turned it off, started it a few times, nothing wrong at all. We decided to wait and work on it this weekend when we could get it inside (I'm in Rochester N.Y... nough said). it did the same thing again today. after it stalled it fired once, but stalled right away, even before the revs could drop, and wouldn't fire again. Here are my ideas as to what are wrong: I think it's something in the fuel delivery, so my first guess is the fuel filter. Fuel pump, but i can hear it turn on when i turn the key into the on position. Injectors... but would all 6 get clogged? other then that i was told that it could be an Air Intake Controller (Idle Air Controller, something like that) mounted on the throttle body that could be malfunctioning. anybody have any ideas?

Thanks for your help,
Pat

My girls 35th was doin that a few months ago. We figured it out and it was the MAF sensor. Not to sure if thats ur prob but it could be. I dont hear the MAF go that often so its prolly not it.

Jay

CODES...

Sounds like you need to check for codes....IMO it could be the Crank Sensor...I had one GOING bad for a few weeks with me before it reared its head with the Crank Sensor Symtoms "Which I would add are similar to what you are describing"...

Run some codes and see what you come up with...I got my money on Crank sensor though...

Remember...Even if you don't have a Check Eng. lt. you can still have codes floating around....

Brad

Back