C&L MAF Question(with pics)

fastsc92

Is C&L the only company that makes a sensor with removable sampling tubes? I ask this because i purchased a MAF that has a removable tube, but it does not have the c&l marking. This just might be an old style of theirs. It is black. Here are the pics. Please help me out asap because i bought a 42lb sampling tube for a C&L meter and i need to know if it'll be the same or even work. Thanks alot guys.

433758_5_full.jpg

433758_6_full.jpg

433758_7_full.jpg

433758_8_full.jpg

433758_9_full.jpg

You should ask C&L this question. However, as long as the diameter of the MAF is the same as the C&L unit, it doesn't matter. The tubes are sized to compliment certain sized meters. Is that 73mm or 76mm? Or something different. If it is different, then you will have to do the math yourself to figure out what size tube is needed.

just measured it and it measures exactly 73mm. I still hope its a C&L. Also, how do i know which sampling tubes are which? I got two with this one. Doesn';t look like it has any markings on it. In one spot there looks like there is a little blue streak. BUt its kinda rubbed off. The other one is still installed and looks like maybe a grean? streak in a different spot. I ordered a red tube (103) for 42lb injectors which i will be installing.

C&l makes a 73mm & 76mm maf for our car. The maf you showed doesnt look like any of the C&L mafs that ive seen before. If your interested im selling a 76mm C&L maf with 42lbs sampling tube which is the one that supercoupeperformance sells.

well i hope this one works. It might just be an older style. The problem is that i need it tommorrow for a race. As long as its a 73mm...it should still work with c&l's tube right? How much for that 76mm??

Last edited:
MAF Body....

It appears to be the same idea, and as long as you can attach a C&L smpling tube that matches the size of the body then you are golden...Enuf said...No worries....

Brad

lets hope for the best....it should come tommorrow and i can swap injectors and be ready to race on sat. I'm hoping for a mid 13 and i think it's there. We will see.

Back