Tons of mods but feels stock? long...

thunderturd

Ok here's what I got; 89 sc 5spd 2000miles on full rebuild, .020 over, heads are gasket matched, fully ported and chambers are redesigned,valves back cut, chambers/valve faces ad ex. port are thermal coated, Int. manifold is also gasket matched including the sc inlet area, the inlet/outlet and intercooler tubes are ported and coated with a tephlon coating to increase air speed, I welded a .750 spacer to the bottom of the sc top and blended it all in and coated it too. ported and thermal coated manifolds, A blower with 10,000,+10% overdrive. Magnacore, 36lb injectors, I had a matched 73mm C&L then changed to a Pro-M 75mm with a mass that was calibrated to the injectors and not tricked with a sample tube for genaric purposes.K&N cone, new cam/air temp/oil press./coolant/ and oxygen sensors. fuel pump, T stat.
Rebuilt trans and diff with 3:55 gear installed. Poly everything. Tons more new little things too. Only half the exhaust is on(getting new ex. done soon, no cats with 2 1/4s into a 3'' then branched out to duel Hooker Aero chamber mufflers.
The problem is lack of power and it seems to rich especialy at WOT(freight train),poor gas milage, the new mass did help and adjusting the cam sensor helped too , sometimes it would feel like the motor was running on 4 cylinders then stall and when I would start it back up it acted like the timing was way way retarded and stoping the engine from turning over, it hasnt done that latly.
No codes either, I had a shop run a test today. After all this time work and money its quit depressing, should of put a hairy 351 in it.
Any input would appreciated,
Heres a pic of the head
Thanks

Attachments

• t bird head.jpg
    t bird head.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 183
You need an EEC Tuner or a custom burned chip.
I did'nt see that listed, but with waht you've done to the motor you need one or the other.

Back