PDA

View Full Version : ID'ing SC Heads???

Toms-SC
10-17-2003, 07:27 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to identify a set of loose heads. How do you know if they are from a SC or not? :confused:

scbird1
10-17-2003, 07:30 PM
They will have SC stamped all over them in 3 or 4 different spots
I forget.

lube70
10-17-2003, 08:39 PM
The engine block is stamped behind the water pump in the drivers side front of the block. The cylinder head is stamped on each top corner and says ------SC-------

Pic included

Don

phyxius
05-22-2011, 03:34 PM
are those the only discernible markings on the head or are there other ways to identify them. i was sold a car that drove fine i pulled the engine and was about to sell that engine only to find that it had no such markings on the head.the block did but not the head.

nmcbchief
05-22-2011, 06:02 PM
The engine block is stamped behind the water pump in the drivers side front of the block. The cylinder head is stamped on each top corner and says ------SC-------

Pic included

Don

That is correct about the heads but the block is not stamped. The SC on the block is part of the casting. It is on the outside of the block and also on the inside.

mmathews
05-22-2011, 10:57 PM
Are you sure the stamps aren't full of gunk?

lube70
05-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Holy old post Batman!!!

Don

phyxius
05-23-2011, 06:39 PM
no they just aren't there. i was hoping that the heads were just cleaned really good and they got washed away lol. i was hoping the casting # would tell cause the car seemed to run fine even if they are n/a heads. never had a heating prob or anything. i do have a set of sc stamped heads here but i dont want to put $ into an engine i'm trying to sell.

sorry for dredging up such an old post but it did pertain to what i was trying to find out