where the hell do you buy an accumulator from...

darkstar_one

who or where do you get an accumulator from and how much do they cost... im going to reinstall the old ABS thingy...

also...

anyone have the directions on how to reinstall it..

its a 1991 AOD

ohh well the im putting back the old ABS thingy because i dont have money to buy a VACUUM PUMP for the BRAKE BOOSTER.
The VACUUM PUMP is atleast 200 dollars, which i dont have.
Even if i did have i would like to spend it on something else.

nothing was cut from the wires.
it was all just snapped off from the brackets.
ima clean the old ABS.

anybody have any ideas on what to clean it with?

HOLY WATER and a BIBLE?

JACK DANIELS?

Oh yeah... were do you get the ACCUMULATOR from?

KRAGEN? AUTOZONE? JESUS?

Last edited:
ok check it out... a while ago... my stupid stupid dad didnt realize that he just needed to replace the RELAY or the ACCUMULATOR on the ABS brake system.

this dumb a$$ goes aheads and yanks it off and puts in a regular brake booster from i think it was a mustang. Well since the SC engine doesnt make enough VACUUM and lets remember that when the Supercharger engages it makes boost. Basically it blows air into the booster and the brakes are all squishy....

i dont have the money to buy a stand alone vacuum pump for the brake booster.

I need to know where to buy the accumulator from so i can reinstall the old ABS system back on

i'll simply point you to all the links above, and the search button in the upper right hand corner of your window. They all will allow you to find out where you can get an accumulator from.

Though it appears you are completely unaware of if you even need one.

The SC motor generates plenty of vacuum. The 93+ Coupes use a vacuum powered brake booster for assist, unlike the earlier units. There is plenty of vacuum. You just need to find it at the throttle body. (The cruise control receives it's vacuum from somewhere as well.)

All of this has been discussed before in various threads you have started and people have answered for you.

well mines is a 91 AOD. Find the right line on the THROTTLE BODY EY...

is it possible that there is a vacuum line that does not blow when when the Supercharger engages. As in it keeps on making boost?

Darkstar the intake plenum between the throttle body and the supercharger has vac. Thats where you should getting the vac. to assist the brakes. If you get your vac from a port that is on the pressure side of the system you will get boost, That is the wrong place to get the vac.

ok so what your saying is that i should tap into one of these lines then???

P.S. sorry about the hijacked pic. its the best one i can find.

sorry to whoever it belongs..

Attachments

• dudesscmotorsorry1.jpg
    dudesscmotorsorry1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 132
Yes....I would get my vac from the twisty nipple that has 2 blue protective caps on it. Look at the FPR and where its hooked up, that side of the intake system(between blower output and the intake valves in the head) run under vac or boost depending on how much throttle you apply,what RPM the engine is running at and how much load is on the engine. The side that you have marked in the pic runs under vac or slighly above atmospheric pressure just like the intake system of a NA engine.

Except when under full throttle just like with a NA engine.
There is a check valve in the vac line to the brake booster that holds the vac in the booster when under full throttle so there is power assist under full throttle.
That little white plastic connector at the brake booster that the vac hose connects to is the check valve.

Back