Pics up on Website

Hey.....

Wheres that oh so purdy white Accord at, hmm??? I was telling Mike Puckett if you look REEEAAAAALLLYY hard at it it kinda looks like a 95 SC (OK OK maybe after a couple of beers). Anyways maybe at some point in the future I can have my Cougar in good enough mechanical shape to take it to a meet. If anyone would like to send a donation to the Jason Parham Engine Rejuvination Project Fundraiser Campaign of West Alabama please contact me 'cause driving to a SC meet in a Honda really bites.
Jason Parham

BTW: Good pictures, but where is the review of the meet?

Great Pics, Now we need some Smoke Shows

Dan,

Website looking better with time. Now we need some more action shots of the SCCoSE off track action.

Would anyone be interested in a mini meet before the end of the year? We could meet in Atlanta or Macon or La Grange and get some more video clips of our SCs battling for superiority. How about December 30th or some other date in December.

Glenn

Duuuuuuude!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome idea! Id definitely be up for that. The trouble is next week is "dead week" (the week before Final Exams) and well i guess you can figure out what is after that. You guys want me to video again?
Jason

Re: Duuuuuuude!!!!!!!!!!

Well guys, I do have the videos that Jason shot with my son's camcorder. I haven't looked at them yet cause I can't bear to watch my launch stumble or missed shift. But, I'll work on getting them video captured this week. I've been sick as a dog with a cold/flu/virus or whatever since then and it's been taking all my energy just to get thru the day at work. Damn it's hard getting old. I should be over it by the end of the weekend. My video capture will be an .avi file which is relatively large. I need a program to convert them to mpeg. Anybody know of or have one?

Re: Duuuuuuude!!!!!!!!!!

I'd definately be up for getting together sometime this month, but, just like Jason said, I've got finals coming up next week too. But I will be done for the semester on the 14th. I could definately use an opportunity to cut loose and go hog wild to relieve all the stress of school. We just need to find somewhere with an empty parking lot and no cops around...
Hope to get some time to work on the website too, maybe get some video clips on there if we can get them into a manageable format. Haven't had a whole lot of time on my hands lately with school and all, plus taking some time to look at some SCs for sale. Found a red '91 in Roswell that is pretty nice and is a good price. I'm thinking about getting it and selling my LX.

OK Then, here's a solid date

Gents,

Seeing who has replied so far, I would suggest linking up at a place that is central to most of us. I believe that would be La Grange. Not familiar with it or its surroundings yet but I venture to say one of you know it well enough. How's 30 December for a meet. Since its after the Finals and mad holiday buying sprees. Its a Friday before a long weekend. Saturday morning would work too if its better for all but I care to say many may have New Year's eve party preping to do on that date. Anything before Xmas and the wife beats me to a pulp for not spending time with "The Family". Let me know if 30 DEC is good for all and I will begin making some plans for our meet. A little one on one and a burnout or two but nothing to wild. With new tires on both SCs I won't be cooking to much myself. We will make it worth while. I may even bring up the Pearl 95 5 speed up now that I have it on Fort Benning.

For any of you that need to see massive display of laying bologna, check out the SCCoSW site as Dr. Fred cooks a ton with no power braking. Truly a beast under that hood.

Glenn

Glenn

Ive been chatting with both Tim Newcom and Steve Ryang of Tennessee who both want to come to a meet. Lets keep them in mind planning the location too. Steve is from Nashville and said Atlanta is too far from him and he wants to make a Southeast chapter meet before he moves to OKC fairly soon. Steve said he could make a meet if it was in North Alabama or something like that. By the way, where the heck is LaGrange? Is it in Georgia?
Jason Parham
Tuscaloosa, AL

Dec 30 sounds good...

AS of right now, that sounds good for me. I should be available that saturday. I'll see if I can't find some old tires to put on the 94 to smoke a little!!! I'm not really too familiar with LaGrange...I've just been through there a bunch of times on Hwy 27 to get to 85 south, but maybe we can find a prominent location that's easy to find to meet at (like some particular shopping center, restaurant, etc)

BTW, I'd like to announce that I am now the proud owner of another SC...A bright red '91 auto with black leather interior, 64K miles. The thing is practically spotless...just picked it up today. It needs a little minor (routine) work, ie belts, hoses, brakes. Pretty sure it's got a bad motor mount too...bad vibration at idle, in gear. Whaddya expect...the original mounts are crap. The left one on my 94 didn't last 45K miles. It also has a tiny leak in the radiator on one of the seams. May be able to solder it (hopefully). But it looks good, rides and runs good. I'm gonna keep it pretty much stock, at least for now, keep on modifying the 94. I'm going to try to sell my 94 LX and use the 91 as a daily driver.

Re: Glenn

thanks for keeping us in mind, Jason. La Grange, GA is even further away from me than Atlanta, and i'm further up north than Nashville. i'm actually near the border of KY and TN (Clarksville, TN). i was looking at an atlas and it looks like northern GA, maybe around Chattanooga, TN or Dalton, GA area looks like it's a more central area for the most of us. i would really like to meet up with all the SE guys before i move to OKC in Feb-Mar 2001, as Jason explained. anyway, it's just a thought. i hope to see everyone at the National Event!

Re: Glenn

The last time I was in LaGrange I got good and lost so I don't know my way around there either. Chattanooga or Birmingham are probably the most centrally located to the region. No members in Birmingham, though. Maybe Tim knows about a place there in Chattanooga. There is a little 1/8 mile strip right on I-75, I wonder if it could be reasonably rented for an afternoon? Or, maybe we could race up Lookout Mtn., you know like a Pikes Peak hill climb. Think we could get the cops to rope off the intersections for us?

Location is no problem - Is the date good??

Gents,

I didn't even look at a map when I suggested La Grange. Frankly location is not an issue. I would prefer to go to some landmark that's easily accesible to all. Personally I am fond of Industrial Parks where the tarmac or concrete is good and there's no one in sight traffic wise. Johnny Law doesn't bug out in no traffic areas.

Off more importance is the time. Is 30 December a good day for all??? We can settle on the location later. As you know, I'll drive the necessary mileage wherever we decide. Chattanoga or North AL, okay too. Perhaps Ron W and other TN folks can come to this one.

If it looks like we may have a good SC/XR7s showing, we will have to add on to the festivities and run onto Saturday morning. Let's not forget the TCCoA folks in the area. They have expressed interest in linking up with SCCoSE and I would like to go on a bombing raid along against some of those V8 powered birds.

Open to suggestions at anytime.

Glenn
XB-70 1990 SC White 5 Speed SC
No Name 1995 SC Opalescent White 5 Speed

Re: Location is no problem - Is the date good??

well, since Tim lives in Chattanooga, that might be the best and centrally located place to go for a meet. December 30th is a good day for me. i hope so, anyway.

Ya might want to hold back on that SC/XR7 label...

Yep mine is still not fixed. Actually i havent even touched it. Maybe during Christmas break I might be able to tinker with it some. Hey I got an idea! Why dont we make this a SCCOSW style meet and everybody come to my house and help me tear my motor out? Any takers? Anyone? Noone? (just kidding guys). Seriously though I dont think I have anything planned for Dec 30th so that sounds good to me. Now if only the weather will cooperate.....
Jason

Re: Ya might want to hold back on that SC/XR7 label...

Man talk about putting some pressure on one's shoulders. Well, I think I need to get to work looking for some places for us. Give my some ideal as to what you guys are wanting to do for the day. There are tons of little state parks around for pics and such. There is a big indust park here, only problem is its about 1 mile from Chattanooga City Police HQ. Guys just shoot some emails my way for what y'all want to do. sprcoupe@bellsouth.net BTW 30th is OK with me. I have nothing planned that day or the next. Don't even have to take a day off from work. :)

SCCoSE does Chattanooga!!

Gents,

I likes the ring of this. I take it the 30 DEC date is good for all, so now we just have to narrow down the location and look for potential pavement for some SCCoSW style entertainment. Industril Parks with Police HQ a mile away is no biggie. In Tulsa we were 300 yards away from Johnny Law and pulled it off. The key is having fun in "No Traffice areas".

If some are game to staying over during Saturday night, I will bring video entertainment of previous SC events. Usually good for 2 or 3 hours of good beer drinking fun and plan a meal or two in between.

Let me know what is of interest and we will take it from there.

Colonel Glenn

P.S. Jason, tow your XR7 up there, and I will work on it. Kidding aside, is the engine a total gonner.

I'll bring the car if you bring the cherry picker

To be honest with you I have no idea how bad it is. Like I said I would really have to pull it out and tear it down to see whats wrong. All I know is when I drive it she goes tick tick tick like a coocoo clock. Its not bad when its cold but it gets worse as it warms up. I mean I suppose i could drive it around but I'm not brave enough to drive it 4 hours away from home. It depends on a location but I suppose I COULD borrow my dads truck and borrow somebody's trailer and haul it up there but its gonna take a lot of gas to do that.
Jason

Re: I'll bring the car if you bring the cherry picker

A meet in Chatt-town would work for me. It does seem to be a little more centrally located. I'm flexable as far as location goes. When a location and all is agreed upon, let me know and I will put it up on the website, send an e-mail out to everyone. BTW, how 'bout I bring my '91 and we can replace the motor mounts and do a brake job? Actually, I'll be spending most of the day Thursday up underneath it, busting knuckles working on those damned mounts, among other things.

Back