Climate Control

99GSXR750

My climate control is indicating an E2 and E7 code, which I know has to do with the blend door. According to my Ford service manual the door is controlled by an actuator, but after doing a search on this site some have mentioned it's controlled by vacuum. Is it controlled by both? I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what was done to fix it.
Thanks,
Mike

Mike -

There apparently is a vacume line that controls the door. While reviewing some invoices on a '93 I purchased, this problem shows up. The dealer checked the lines to the control unit and door and found the vacume line had come off the door.

Hope this info helps.

Mark
'93 SC

Hey Mark,
Thanks for the info. I'll have to take a look for the vacuum line. I can only imagine where it attaches to the actuator because all I can find is a plug with wires (by looking through the glove box). I guess I have to take apart the dash to see the rest of it. Just my luck! If anyone else has any other suggestions please let me know.
Thanks,
Mike

Mike -

Before you demolish the dash, try two things:

1) Remove the climate control unit. It comes out the same way a radio does - use two "U" shaped heavy wire pullers. I made mine out of a stiff hanger. Slide the unit out carefully and look behind it to see if any of the vacume lines are disconnected or damaged.

2) Pull the glove box down (empty it first!!) by squeezing the sides in until the tabs clear the side. You should be able to look up at the lines and I think you can see where the door is.

Good luck.

Mark
'93 SC

Back