Wiring the 5spd

Black92SC

ok so i just got done doing the automatic to 5 spd swap...all is done except for the wire harness...anybody know how to do this or have a diagram of what wires need to be spliced together....thanks in advance for any help

Mike

What do you have to start with? I hope you have a 5-speed harness on the trans.

If you have a 5-speed harness 89-93 and you car is from those years as well, no splicing needs to be done. The Automatic trans harness will unplug and the 5-speed version will plug in it's place. Ditto if you have a '94/'95 harness and '94/'95 car. The connection (two connectors for a newer car) is just under the edge of the dash where the center console goes.

The only splicing that needs to be done is if you are using an older harness(89-93) in a newer car (94/95) or vice versa. If that is the case you have, I can help.

i just talked to the guy i bought the trans from....i should be getting the wire harness for the tranny sometime this week....thanks for your help....for some reason i was thinking it plugged under the dash somewhere.....like where the fuse box is and stuff

Back