Seat belts dont work...

DJBreuer

Hello. Can anyone help me...My 91 SC seat belts don't move...the drivers one is stuck forward, and my pass stuck backwards. When the doors are both shut, the interior lights go off, but the door ajar light stays on. When I got the car, the door switch on the drivers side didnt shut the light off either, but I replaced it with a new one from Ford. Any ideas?

Actually its a 20 amp circuit breaker in the main fusebox. If your doorlocks work its okay. I Have not had reason to troubleshoot the seatbelt circuit.

Have you done a search yet on this topic. lots of info available.

Do you have the manual for the car yet?

Have you bypassed the door swithes or replaced the one on the passenger side yet?

How does one bypass the door switchs? I replaced the passenger side switch with one from an SHO that worked in there. I have the Haynes manual...which manual do you mean? BTW the door locks work.

I imagine you could just jumper the connector for the door switch to the closed position.

Like I posted I have not worked this problem yet. Do have the Ford Electrical/Vacuum manual for the Thunderbird? it has the entire wiring for the seatbelts and the troubleshooting technique.

I did notice that their is a fusible link in the power distribution box by the battery in the engine compartment for the belts.
have you checked it out yet?

Do a search their is a lot of past work done on this issue. It might make it easy for you.

You can run the one that's stick forward back to the driving position manually if you need to. There's a little cover next to the back seat that covers the seat belt motor. on top of the motor is a manual retract knob that will move the carriage back to the rearward position (After about a million turns), and should let you drive the car without getting a ticket.

Back