Question about Roller Rockers

Crusader

(prepare for newbie question)
I have been wanting to know this for quite a while and haven't come across a clear answer yet, so I'll just come out and ask it.
What are roller rockers? What exactly do they do? I couldn't find anything in the FAQ about them either.
Where in the engine are they located and should I think about upgrading them?

So far, I have had my tranny re-built, rear end re-built with 3.73 gears added, and I've added a cat-back flowmaster.
My next mods will be ported manifolds, downtubes, high-flow cats and a Cold Air Intake.
Once those mods are done, what can I do next? Should I look into cams(also clueless about), Pulleys?
I would greatly appreciate any direction you would be able to give me. The information I have gotten from these forums have helped me greatly. Thanks.

-Tim

Yeah, that is definatly my next mod. I want to increase that air flow.

I just wanted to know about roller rockers. If anyone could explain briefly about them I would really appreciate it.
Thanks.

-Tim

they are part of your valve train. The are the pivot point between the push rod and valve stem. Stock ones have no bearings and use some hp to work. Roller rockers had needle bearing both on the pivot point and where the rocker comes in contact with the valve stem. Just put roller rocker into google and you will find alot of pictures of them

Back