throttle body brands....

actually dude... ima check into that right now.

i dont know how the hell this vacuum is routed on this car.
its so damn complicated. The brake booster has 2 vacuum lines going into a vacuum distrubutor.
one coming from the THROTTLE BODY PLENUM and the other coming from the SUPERCHARGER PLENUM.

i put a (check) valve. It opens when vacuum is on and closes when boost engages on the line going to the brake booster.

anything else i should try? i dont think the vac routing is right on this car.

The 2 vac lines for the booster is strange. I got my first look at a vac booster on a TBird last week and it only had one line.
I'd plug one of the lines off and hook the other one up to the throttle plenum. Dont hook into the pressurized side on the intake.

dude check this out...

there is a line that i have no idea where the hell it goes too...

its hooked up on one of the distributors that seems to lead down the firewall of the car. i have no idea where it goes.

i will just hook it up on to the non pressurized line. you want me to take a pic of the vac distributor?

My SC does'nt have anything like that. What year is your car?
Look at the white fitting on the brake booster with the yellow zip ty on it. That is the brake booster check valve. I see no reason for there to be any additional check valves in those lines since it looks like you are getting your vac from the main vac tree thats mounted on the firewall. There should'nt be any boost on those lines at all so I dont understand why all those check valves are there.
Tell me what year your car is and I'll try to look up the vac diagrams on it.

hey dude my car is a 1991 AOD

i find that odd too..

i cant get a hold on the VAC DIAGRAM.

i know the one that is in front of the car but i cant understand it.
its too complicated.

thanx for your help.

let me know.

ok as for the question that says which VAC DISTRIBUTOR... it comes from the VACUUM DISTRIBUTOR that is behind the PLENUM on the Throttle body side. Its the one that sends a VAC line down to the AC.

Originally posted by darkstar_one
what are some brands that i should look for to buy a throttle body off of. I know BBK.

anyother ones?

You might wanna seriously consider the 75mm offered by Professional Products for 94/95 Mustangs. It has a built-in adjustment for the TPS and for the price the linkage mod needed is worth the trouble. Here's a little article I did when I ported Vernon's plenum to accept one.

Vernon's TB swap

hope this helps,

'bird

hmmm.... nice throttle bodies.... So if i would get a 75MM TB i would have to follow your instructions ey... hmm... seems like a good plan... how much HP gain will i notice?

hmmmm!

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. My driverside tee has the blower line connected to the side of the tee not the bottom like yours. In that setup the computer will never see boost in the motor. (I think?) Also the line you have for the powerbrake booster is used for my air bypass valve. I also found out that the little nipple coming off the tee in the vacuum line has a restrictor in it. Mine was not working correctly. Would not allow air to pass(or very little) from either direction. So I tapped the restrictor inside with a paper clip and tried again. Now I get flow one way and not the other.

i thought that hose went to cruise control inside dr fender, i got a throttle body from a newer v8 crown vic cheap at a junkyard 5 bucks i think its 65mm stock was 60mm , prob wasnt worth it unless your gonna race a lot or use higher rpm

Last edited:
Back