Fluid lights are all on

dodgetruck91

my 89 has all the lights on, radiator, washer, oil, and the fuel light, how do i reset these? i filled my washer fluid and its still on, also, my anti lock light is on. thanks

fluid lights

The fluid lights are always on. When one of your fluids is low, lets say washer fluid for example, it will read "low" in yellow letters next to the green washer fluid letters, but the fuel, washer, radiator, and oil lights are always lit up in green letters. When one of them is low it will say low in yellow letters right next to it.

i replaced mine with a VMM delete panel. now i don't have to look at those stupid lights anymore. from what i've read, the sensors in the coolant and washer reservoir can become fouled and send inaccurate readings to the VMM. nothin beats just poppin the hood.

fluid levels

I know what you mean, those lights are kind of irritating. What do you mean by vmm delete panel? Is it something you made or is it something on the market that you can buy? I've been thinking about getting rid of those llights but I would also like to keep my car as original as possible (except for the powertrain).

you can get them from a junkyard out of a N/A tbird. Some guys on this site sell them for a few bucks. it is just a ribbed panel that pops in right where the VMM pops out. the VMM has side clips holding it in that are fragile. I broke mine getting it out. then just disconnect the harness from the back of it. IMO the VMM looks cheesy. The panel gives it a cleaner look. some guys have put aftermarket gauges in the delete panel. hey darkside, my xr7 is from albuquerque. i brought it up to NY in march. nice cars down there.

vmm

The best place to buy a car if you can is the southwest. No rust and mild climate IMO. We also aren't required to have a front license plate. I don't know if you guys have to drill holes in your bumper covers or not but I cringe every time a see one of those beatiful East Coast SC's or XR7's with one of those big license plate brackets on the nose.

Back