PDA

View Full Version : The headers are on!!!!

Dan Lineback
10-24-2000, 10:43 PM
Finally, after having this *!@!&%^* thing sitting up on jack stands for over 3 weeks, fartin' around with it when I had time (between school & work, it is very little), It's back on the road...kinda! I drove it today 12 miles from the house into town with OPEN HEADERS to get it to the exhaust shop to get rest of the system put together. Talk about loud!!!!!! Damn thing rattled my bones when I floored it. Good thing there were no cops around. Still pumps out 15psi boost at wot (10% pulley) which kinda surprised me. I figured it would drop more with headers, especially considering there was nothing else to restrict the flow. Maybe if I port out the exhaust ports a little...

Any way, I now have my solid motor mounts (left side was in pieces), headers, a clean IC, new heater hoses (a bitch to get to even with all that crap torn down), 180 degree therm. and a new water pump, which I had to do twice!!! Got it all together sunday, filled up the radiator, cranked it up, and low and behold...water pouring out of a hairline crack in the BRAND NEW water pump casting. Boy, was I mad. Had to remove the IC again, pull the power steering pulley...again, drain my radiator...again, and take the thing off...again. Then I got to put it all back together...again. Not a pleasant job!

Hopefully the exhaust shop will do a quality job and this system will sound good. I'll get some pics of the sysyem when they get done with it. I can't wait to get back to drivin' it again. I've been going through SC withdrawl....

OneBLOWN6
10-25-2000, 08:39 PM
Have them run 2 1/2" duels with an x-pipe. This system will make the most power and will sound the best as well.
Steve Griffith

Jason Parham
10-25-2000, 11:29 PM
Ive been in the car when Steve floored the pedal. He once raced a Mustang and the guy said he had to wach his tach because he couldnt here his OWN engine over the screaming coming out of Steve's car. I cant imagine what that car is like with the headers uncapped. Wew!!!!
Jason Parham

Mike Puckett
10-28-2000, 02:02 PM
Steve, is it ready to rumble yet or do you need more breakin time?