Has anyone?????

67dude

Has anyone ever converted auto seatbelts to manual? If so how difficult is the task, is it a direct bolt in swap? I ran a search and found a few people had talked about it but no one has said if they actually had completed it. I am considering making this change. Just wondering if it is possible to do. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I have assembled the parts required to do the job and I hope to complete this work as a winter time project.

You need the interior from a Canadian car from the A Pillar rearward and all the belts and such. To my knowledge it would then be a direct bolt in. The attachment fittings in the upper B Pillar exists already to anchor that portion of the belts.

Duffy, Do you know if it HAS to be a Canadian car? I thought I heard that the Canadian parts were the same as the '94 + parts when T-birds got airbags...

89 to 93 are the cars at issue because of a lot of reasons and can't be registered in the other country until its 13 years old. USA cars got auto-seat belts and Canadian cars got manual seat belts plus daytime running lights. I sent all of the parts from 1 of my cars to a USA guy for the swap b/c his motors were shot and the cost to fix was pretty high. He needed all of the plastic trim from front to rear window, every piece of the seat belt system including the bolts & anchors on the seats. Everything fit perfectly, but he had to thead the upper anchor on the B pillar. The plastic quarter panels ran the shipping costs up, but he's happy with the conversion. Good luck

Back