should I be worried...?

Billabong089

should I be worried, I had the overflow tank off to clean it out and I ran the car without it and when I took the cap off the radiator, the antifreeze flowed out of the overflow hose into a bucket i put in place, I reinstalled the overflow, with 60%/40% antifreeze and water up to the cold line, I ran it sorta hard, heated it up and noticed bubbles coming out of the overflow tank, first thing came to mind was headgaskets...

Oil is clean, Antifreeze is clean, no white exhaust, still runs very good even better maybe since the new wire harness and dis is installed, I also ran it 10minutes after it was bubbling and there was nothing even after revs to 3500+rpm so should I be concerned... I guess I'll find out today if it does it again...

You pulled air into the radiator when runningthe car with no overflow tank.

The radiator normally purges the excess coolant at running temperature to keep the system pressure at 16 pounds. When the system cools off, a vaccum is created in the radiator which pulls the displaced fluid back into the system. Without an overflow tank the radiator filled with air instead of fluid.

As long as the bubbles purged and don't return, what you are seeing is normal.

Aaron

yay they didn't return lol im happy, runs good now, but I have another question yes another...

The previous owner put underdrive pulleys on and I'm noticing that the tensioner pulley is bring the belt very close to the waterpump belt, like if you fold a paper four times and try and stick it under it will hit and I'm worried that once the belt wears out and starts to stretch it will start to hit.. its so damn close I just dont remember it that close, I took all the belts off last week and I know they are put on correctly.

Yup guess so, I'll keep my eye on it ;)

I'm so happy that coolant problem was just air that got sucked in, sooooooo relieved, ran perfect today and no bubbles or anything... ;)

Back