Issues of cooling system and super charger

FlyingLow90

First off i know my motor mounts are bad. how long can these go before i must change them and what will happen if i dont.

i read about changing thermostats here and the other things you have to do first but i just changed my thermostat and put a 180 in. when i was changing it i noticed it was a 160. my car was not staying cool at all and was flucuating so i thought the thermostat needed changed. well now after change my car is soo cool all the time barely ever get into normal range. i due however seem to have a loss of coolant. only sometimes my radiator low light will come on like when its cold or something. it seems like when i use my heat which is acting up, i lose coolant and the low light comes on. i dont have coolant on my floor leak. no coolant on the ground. no white smoke as of headgasket. headgaskets were changed about 5k miles ago. i does spudder really bad but only after it get warmed up.

i considered taking my SC belt off for the winter to save gas. is this alright. what do i need to do or what do i need to watch out for.

First off i know my motor mounts are bad. how long can these go before i must change them and what will happen if i dont.

If you let it go to long the engine will sit dow on the power steering ines and crush them. Only from what I have read. Search the faq forum.

If you are easy going on your vehicle, likely you won't have too many problems. though eventually the oil pan will rub a hole through the power steering line. If you like to put the pedal to the metal and race from one intersection to the next, the oil pan can touch the main crossmember, possibly cracking it.

It's not fun to try and fix the oil pan.

Running a "cold" thermostat in the winter is not the way to go. As you noticed now the engine barely or does not get into the NORM range at all. Expect decreased MPG as well as oil dilution by the gas washing down your cylinder walls. BTDT Since the the engine never gets out of the cold start strategy you are essentially running around with the equivalent of the choke on all the time.

Disconnecting the SC belt is for increased MPG is also a waste since if you keep your foot out of it it only takes a very small amount of HP to drive it as the bypass valve is open and the majority of air is recirculating through the intake system.

Back