SC into Mustang

Well the motor drops in. the wiring you use the stang and simply lengthen some wires. Hardest part is the IC and its piping. Here is a pic of a 94 SC motor in my 94 stang.

Attachments

• stang motor.jpg
    stang motor.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
BKB,

Do you know if it's possible to take the supercharger, intake, etc. off of a Supercoupe engine and put it onto one of the new 190 hp Mustang six cylinder engines?

The new 190hp 3.8 in the mustang has a split port setup, so the intakes and heads are different and SC parts wouldn't bolt up.

well the newer stang motors have split port heads that cant be used. So to run the SC blower you would need to swap in single port heads SC intake, SC accessory brackets, and the blower. By the time you do all this its simpler to just get a complete SC motor and drop it in. Also with the weaker rods in the stang motor the boost would have to be limited.

Last edited:
Well the car still needs some work. My 50lb injectors are not liking the stock fuel rail so im building a larger one right now. I am also building a huge SC intake plenum that will work with my modified SC case i made. Right now im at about 375-400hp at the crank after this winter with a cam swap and the other things i mentioned i hope to be around 450 at the crank. Im still running pig rich at WOT and playing with timing to see what works best.

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 184
Guys I am working on the adaptor for the split port mustangs. I am trying to get RGR to let me borrow a set of split port intake to blue print, I would buy some but I need money on getting new prototype done for single port car. I am getting single port ones on monday and I can then modify the estamated blue print to be exact for the kit and order one made so we can bolt it up to the single port car my partner has.

If you use the RC injector calculator 50s are good for 400hp at 80% duty cycle with a brake specific fuel consumption of .60 and 43psi fuel pressure. Using the star tester i was watching my injector pulse width and i once i hit around 450hp i will have hit my 80% duty cycle.
42s are only good for 340hp using the calculator

Back