What shocks for lowering springs???

fastsc92

I installed S/T springs on my stock shocks. Now they are blown out with 104k on them. I'd like to keep my ride control, but want a good replacement. Are new stock shocks from Ford ok....or should i go with something else? I can get shocks from for for 100 each in the fronts 92 each in the rears. This isn;t that bad IMO. I want a good ride, but also want something that will last and do well at the track. If new stockers are ok..i think i might get some of those. Let me know guys

If you know how to shop around, you can find Bilsteins for about that price and they are supposed to be considerably better than stock, no ride control but you don't need it they ride so good.

what are my choices from this list? Are there better or worse ones? Am i able to use the Tokico non-adjustable shocks? Do the bilsteins have adjustment knobs at the tops?

012. Koni sport shocks 1989 - 1997 Externally adjustable, eliminates electronic adjustment. Price is for a set of 4. 504.00

015. Bilstein Shocks 1989 - 1997 Set of 4. Eliminates the electronic adjustment. 339.00

019. Tokico Shocks 1989 - 1997 Eliminates the electronic adjustment. Price is for a set of 4. 229.00

020. Tokico Elec. Adj. Shocks 1989 - 1997 Available fro the SC only. Price is for a set of 4. 419.00

You can use either of those, but do a search on Bilsteins (Mustang forums also) and you will usually find that people have tried adjustable Konis and Tokicos but liked Bilsteins the best. That's what I'm going with. Even the new Cobras have Bilsteins.

shocks

020. Tokico Elec. Adj. Shocks 1989 - 1997 Available fro the SC only. Price is for a set of 4. 419.00

These are the ones I am looking into. I do like the ARC in my sc. Why would you want to lose that?

Did you do a search on Bilsteins? The valving is so much more advanced it is better than firm on ARC and better than auto on ARC when either one is on. They are fine tuned that way and that is why they are in so many of today's sports cars. I would only go with the stockers if you got a REALLY good deal over the Bilsteins or want to keep your car a true collectible.

I have the Bilsteins and really like them. I cant really compare them to stock all that much since my old shocks were worn, but it was a real improvement and I never noticed a difference between auto/firm anyway. I think youd be wasting your money paying more for stock shocks.

-Travis

if bilsteins have an external adjustment i'll get those. $340 isn't that bad for a set of 4 shocks. Thanks guys. There was just a set of stock fronts on ebay for 155. I thought it might be a good deal, but i think i'll go with the bilsteins, or maybe even the tokico.

I might be getting rid of my Illumina II shocks, Ive had them for about 7k miles. And are in perfect condition. I will be getting the Blisteins in the future.

Why have you net emailed me Im telling you I have tons of good stuff for you. Ill probably try to get rid of them for $100.

I was too looking for some new shocks. I autocross the 35th and was thinking about the Konis, but never concidered the Bilstein Shocks before. Which is better in your guy's opinions. I already have a set of tokico Illuminas that were originally for the 35th, but now I have and 89 XR7 so they will be going on it instead.

Thanks!
Shane

Back