Bird w/ a broken wing

unzer

Hey guys I'm in major need of help. I have a 95' SC, w/ a 70mm throttle body, cold air intake and a catback exhaust. @ this moment she's a casualty. It won't rev over 4 grand, the idle is extremely rough, and it has no power under load. I ran a scanner on it and came up w/ two codes:

KOEO
#186 - Mass air detected higher than normal
KOER
#568 - Insufficient RPM change during dynamic response

When I did the dynamic response the check engine flashed, otherwise it dosen't come on.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.

What kind of cold air system do you have? If there is a bend in front of the meter that can be a problem. It is also possible that your TPS is not reading properly or possibly not engaging the throttle blade.

First check operation of the tps. It should read about .9V on the green wire when key is on, throttle closed. Watch for smooth transition from .9v to about 4.5v at WOT (engine off, key on).

If that is ok then reinstall the stock airbox. Sometimes the aftermarket CAI's are more trouble than they are worth.

Clear the codes and verify that all is clear. If you still have problems, don't overlook the obvious like bad plugs or wires or a plugged converter.

I put a MAC CAI on it. I won't be able to test the TPS till later today, but I'll let you know what I come up with. Also, just to add to it, the car only has 60,000 miles on it. Have those platinum plugs been known to go out prior to the 100,000 mile mark? Also the exhaust is new all the way from the cats back.

Yes the plugs have been known to good bad way before the 100,000 mile mark. I agree make sure that the meter is before the bend.

Back