Will it work

20 pounds is a lot. If you had all the other stuff done to go with the forged pistonsI guess its possible. Some of the guys from Saint Louis are running some pretty high boost.

The rods are more of an issue than the pistons. Stock pistons should handle that pressure.

The issue is ensuring you have no detonation. Detonation at 20psi will blow a hole through a forged piston just as well as anything. detonation is also the major cause of rod failure. Though the stock connecting rods are probably the weakest point of the whole bottom end of the motor.

The big issue with that pressure though is keeping the head sealed. People are doing it, though i think they may have o-ringed the heads and ARP head studs and high quality gasket to get it to hold tight.

I dont know if this helps or not I used forged pistons and eagle 351 forgedrods. Coy Miller crankshaft gurdle. I also have 9.89 to 1 compression with an early model pulley it makes 10 puonds of boost. I was told by Brian from Aptune that I can go up to a 5% overdrive pulley. These motors will stand up to a lot. Just make sure you use quality parts and most important of all Have Brian make you a chip to your engine specs.

Back