Today's project....

Gregthespy

Well, I finally bit the bullet and decided to install my heater core. As you can see by the picture i had my hands full for the better part of the day finding hidden screws and scraping my knuckles reaching into the depths of my dash. It was a success! i now have heat for the few cold mornings that I have to be at work at 7:00 AM.
I also fixed my boost gauge and a few of the burnt out dash bulbs that have been driving me nuts, so this was also an added bonus for a long days work. it took me about 4.5 hrs to get the dash apart and the new core in and after that I went to my class which was cancelled (WooHoo!) then spent about 3 more hrs finishing the assembly of the dash. My back seat was nothing but a huge mound of dash parts!
Anyways, I just felt like bragging about my sucess and I now know where just about every dash screw is located!
The pic I attached was right before I installed the new core, it hurt to see my baby in such a wreck.
SC Ya,
Greg Roll

Attachments

• disaster.jpg
    disaster.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 71
Been there, seen it, done that, and bought the T-shirt! Was that not one of the biggest pain-in-the as* repairs on these cars? It seems like Ford built the entire car around the Heater/AC unit. I did mine several years back and if I ever in my life have to do that job again it would be too soon. I hope you also replaced the AC Evaporator core while you were at it. When I did the job on mine both the Heater/Evap. cores were replaced. I had some warranty work performed back when the car was new and boy did the Ford Monkeys make a mess of the dash assembly. There were missing, loose, and cross-threaded bolts. Had to spend extra time fixing their errors!

Bryan

Man, what a job, when we bought our SC it had been stored for a while and the evaporator was bad. So what do we do but buy a new heater core and new evaporator. Then take it in to be tested and yes they said the evaporator was leaking. That was 2 ½ months ago and it still blows cold after the temp recharge they gave it. So we have a new in the box Heater core and evaporator waiting to go, but have no desire to pull it apart like that.
Flip

Back