SWB001 at the track

SWB001

Last Friday I decided to dust of the bird and have some fun at a club clash night at Bandimere. Ran a new best of 13.780. Remember that this is at over 5300 ft. I was happy with that. I threw some hoosiers on it and it really hooked up well. Here's a couple photos:
birdband1.jpg

birdband2.jpg

birdband3.jpg

Yep I wish I had one but don't. Wish Ford put something better under the hood in the SC, too.

Hey your just up the road from me.

001 swb T-bird

Hey Jeff , Auto Doug here , good to see the swb 001 T-bird out in action , Bandimire is tuff on tunning, those are good times , the car looks better than the day I finished shortening it , if you get a chance check out the cover of 5.0 mag dec issuie ,you'll see one of our latest body & paint involement projects , well you know Paul Brown , & the Tiger racing (world challenge) mustang ,I recently went to SanDiego and bought swb 003 back, for Dave in Ohio , sounds like he haveing a good time with it as well , see ya at the track sometime . Doug Kielian , ---Auto Kraft ---,Nebraska:)

Auto Doug,
Always wondered the cost of doing a short job on a bird. I have a 91 and a 90 gutted for a cage. Would love to get one shortened. I have means to deliver and pick up.

Jason and SWB001, yes it looks fantastic. Love to see a man use a stick for the strip. My first bird was a 91 with 302 and traction lock with radio and right mirror delete, as a company car.

Friend of mine is doing a 60 Bird since it was originally designed as a 2 seat. He may stick our IRS under it.

swb price

Doug , the price to modify a t-bird depends on several things ,like rust in inner rockers ect, doing complete interior trim , sunroof , ect . so the basic price on a non rusty body without interior work would be ,appx 4500.00 let me know when your ready! I have an opening mid November , the next unit built will be # 007 , have you seen swb .#005, George Davenports, @ www.thundercoupe.com :) ------Auto Doug---

Oh yea. Saw the pics of the Mark VIII somewhere too. All of them look very good. Any info on the silver one with wing?

Trouble is now my wife has seen the pics of the red one here. Says she always thought the birds were too long. We agree on that.

Back