Loosing an SC

Randle

Soon I will no longer be a proud owner of a Thunderbird SC. After a short time with her I feel that the money needed to fix her up isn't worth it. Before buying her I took her to a few mechanics who all said all is well (for the most part), there was nothing that needed to be fixed that I couldn't handle. Thats when it all got ugly, first I started noticing a strange knocking from the rear end, then she would start to die on my randomly, things started to go wrong at a very quick rate. After the call from my mechanic today it is confirmed, she needs to much money that I just dont have. However, that said, I will have another SC (I would like a 93' with low miles if anyone has one) in the future. They are just to much fun and way to cool, I fell in love with them the first time I took one on the highway. I would like to thank everyone here for a wealth of knowledge learned & I wish you all good luck. I hope to return someday bigger & better than before.

There is one thing worse than having to let an SC go. It's hanging on to one that you should have let go. It takes some maturity to realize that something is beyond your abilities. It is better that you walk away with a positive attitude than to hang on until you hate to even look at it.

Good luck to you, there are plenty of low mileage SC's still floating around and will continue to be in the future. Thanks for hanging with us!

David

XR7 Dave you really somed it up. I had another 35th before the one I have now and it was always braking down and the power steering just kept going out left and right. It was a mess and when I was thinking about how to get rid of it, it was involved in a traffic accident caused by the other person. I was happy that I didn't have to deal with it anymore and a few months later I found another 35th in Verginia and baught it. That was over a year ago and I still have it and will never by all means get rid of it. Hope you find another SC you like soon!

Shane

Thanks

There is nothing wrong with it that cant be fixed, its just a matter of the money needed to fix it. A new tranny was quoted @ $2500 for a new one & $1500 for a used one, it needs new front suspension, the rear differantial is messed up, new tires, new DIS module (that might be the culprit), and a list of other miscellanious things that are wrong. All in all, I must admit that she is not worth it in the long run. That money could be spent on a newer SC, a SVX, Corrado, All-Trac or a host of other vehicles that I really like. The hunt for a new car starts tomorrow.

Imo but I would stay away from the corrados. They have alot of problems with the superchargers. My sister had a nice one and I had to replace the supercharger several times with only 72,000 original miles on the car.

Back