Water Pump Time

MY90SC

ok I better do this before storage....leaking from bottom of pump...

anybody have any suggestions or tips...muchos appreciated

Ron,

Buy the brand new pump from Ford. The price is actually reasonable.

If you haven't already permanently removed that pesky bracket that goes from the water pump over to the accessory bracket in behind the power steering pump pulley, now is the perfect time!

It's not that bad of a job.

Cheers,

Sean

Ron,

Just as Sean suggested get the pump from Ed, its like 92.35 or something, comes with a new gasket, get some copper RTV, and a can of spray paint (your choice in colour).. paint the new pump, the aluminum they use is very porse (sp?) after many heat duty cycles they tend to pit, look crappy, painting it will stop this from happening, or at least the "look"... if you need a hand let me know

No offense, Bruce, but I don't think that RTV Ultra Copper is necessary for a waterpump. You can use black no problem, and it tends to look better up front there where you will likely still see it.

The painting thing is something I didn't know about. When I put mine one, I left it a raw casting.

Cheers,

Sean

well i just use RTV in any gasket scenerio, because its been proven to work.. and the pumps yeah, i left mine too unpainted, now I wish I didnt. If you were to get one from UAP, or a aftermarket joint like that, they come painted most of the time, Ford blue, go figure.

thanks for the help guys...will likely do this on one of my days off when it isn't too freakin cold......at least thats the plan...might have to look for somewhere warm to do it if I wait too long....

Back