can someone help me please?

djhawkeye3

when i push the gas all the way down, when im at a complete stop my car starts clunking and feels like its gonna die. it also does it sometimes when im turnin. does anyone know what it might be. my cars so slow i got smoked by my girlfriends stock automatic 94 integra ls. if anyone happens to know what the problem is will you please let me know. i would greatly appreciate it. thanks darryl

djhawkeye32000@yahoo.com

i jus changed it no more than 3 weeks ago. my friend is a mechanic in training and he changed my oil and fuel filter for me. he thought the problem was the tps sensor so we bought a new one from ford but it wasnt the problem.

More info. too....

For instance..

Does it idle normal?

Will it hold idle in gear?

You get a Check eng. light?

Smoke? What color?

After it spits, farts and scratches does it run strong or is this a strong hesitaion for a moment?

What about Wide Open Throttle passing in traffic?

ANy other symtoms that you think are or even are not related would help out...Plus Codes will ussually report a sensor out of range.

Good uck,

Brad

what is it supposed to idle at normally? no it doesnt smoke. it has a strong hesitation like when i try to race off the line it feels like it not movin and then after a little bit it will start to pick up. my friend drove it and said that hes almost positive that its my spark plugs or the wiring but i dont wanna pay all the money to get them changed and them not be the problem. how do i get codes?

Codes...

You can take your car to Autozone and they will run codes for you since your car still runs and all..."This is a plus"

Another option would be to use the Paper Clip Method, there is a write up on how to do this if you search. I would tell ya but I have always had a code reader. Which...Is another obvious option at around 130-160bux for a decent one with some functions.

If it was your plugs and wires your car would more than likely be doing this under acceleration as well "Surging/Bucking" with your boost gauge dipping and RPM's dropping off...You may be able to just get a hand on each plug wire and give it a snug push for cennectivity before you run to "THE ZONE" to get your codes read..:D

Cheers

Brad

Back