PDA

View Full Version : Bad idle

cstemm
10-24-2003, 07:50 PM
Alright we just got done swapping engines, and now the car wont idle, its pulling the TPS and i changed that and still nothing, it doesn't seem like its firing on all cylinders but it not pulling up any code that says that it isn't, anyway, the car starts but idles ricicuously rough, after it warms up a little the idle gets better, but the initial idle is really bad.... i have no idea what sensor is bad that controls this stuff so if anybody had any expirience with this and know what the problem could be please let me know...thanks.

TBirdDriver
10-24-2003, 08:23 PM
A bad cam position sensor can cause a no start, or hard start and rough idle. Try swapping it out with one from your other engine.
Just a guess.

MIKE 38sc
10-25-2003, 11:40 AM
Sounds like vac leaks. Check every single joint in the intake system. How did you seal all the IC tube flanges?

jacobs sc
02-03-2005, 02:22 AM
Alright we just got done swapping engines, and now the car wont idle, its pulling the TPS and i changed that and still nothing, it doesn't seem like its firing on all cylinders but it not pulling up any code that says that it isn't, anyway, the car starts but idles ricicuously rough, after it warms up a little the idle gets better, but the initial idle is really bad.... i have no idea what sensor is bad that controls this stuff so if anybody had any expirience with this and know what the problem could be please let me know...thanks.

I'm having the same problems, how did you fix it?Was the check engine light flashing?

jacobs sc
02-03-2005, 02:26 AM
My car isn't idling right . I put a new motor in it and broke the harmonic balancer. I replaced it with a BHJ, put it back together, and now it won't idle. Any suggestions?

MercsSC
02-03-2005, 08:46 AM
is it your CE lite flashing ..or upshift lite ? ..if it's the upshift lite flashing..then DIS problems ..
if this all happened after the HB broke ..I would take a good look at your crank sensor.. if it's the CE lite flashing ...look for rubbing marks on the vanes of ring that travel through the crank sensor.... making sure there is an air gap ...also look for magnetic fillings ..building up on the sensor ..or it just may of been damaged when the old HB let go....dave