Tornnado???

SlinginBeauty

I know this on sounds lame but i was watching tv this morning and a comercial for the gas saving tornado and was wondering if anyone has tried using this. Its only $65 and helps gas milage with a better air/fuel ratio and its suppose to supply more hp. Does this actually work and if so how well??? Was wondering if anyone has tried using it and found that it did help.

I have and i havent found anyinfo for it being used on our cars. I know most are skeptical to stuff like this but if it works then it works. If im going to do this search, where should i search?

thanks a ton. Im kinda new here and not really familar with the search option. I didnt' know sccoa had it. Now that i look on the top and see it i can use it now to help on my many ?'s!!! Thanks for showing me. Also thanks for your opinions of the tornado. From the sounds of it it does the same thing basically as a throttle body spacer, which is usless on our cars b/c of the supercharger. Thanks again for your input. Just saw a comercial on tv for it just now and was wondering if anyone had actually tried it.

Snake Oil...anyhow you've already got your own tornado maker called the supercharger. To put one of those in would only be a restriction to the intake.

In fact..it's generally accepted that if you want to improve the airflow in anything..you should attempt to straighten the flow and remove all the turbulance possible, not swirl it and create turbulance.

David

In fact..it's generally accepted that if you want to improve the airflow in anything..you should attempt to straighten the flow and remove all the turbulance possible, not swirl it and create turbulance.

David

Unless your talking about the intake ports and into the combustion chamber, then swirl or turbulance is a good thing.

the person who invented-sells this thing should be charged with and convicted of some kind of fraud. all of his little fans and demostations do not mean squat.

A freind of mine used one of them in his Camaro, and his gas milage got worse? Only good thing about it is that they have the money back guarantee.

Well about ten years ago I was watching TV and had something to do with how a jet turbine works. I had and still do, a 550cc Kawasaki and was looking for a few extra HP's which is huge on a motorcycle. I thought of taking 4 round pieces of thin steel and cut slots in them, then bend them in equal degrees. Hoping this would add to my motorcycles swirling of the intake gases.
3 years later MY idea was on TV and that guy is probably driving MY GT40! Glad to hear that everybody dislikes it since he beat me to the punch. Still would like to have that guys money:(

Anyways give it a shot and put up a post and let us all know if it works. Also there is a thing out there this forum warned about was the other snake oil, the Platinum Particle Injection System. I got to get some of these peoples money. I will come out with a injection system for cow chips or something..:D :D

Think about what goes on in our engines.

The Tornado goes on the intake. How are you going to retain the turbulance after the SC compresses the air and you shove it through the IC? Even if it does help NA engines, the SC's gonna stomp out any effect it might have in ours.

Lee

there is no way this piece of junk could ever work. to begin with i believe the big thing this piece is to do is mix fuel and air. on this car and any other that has direct port injection, there is never any fuel in any part of any intake manifold. even a carburated motor the tornado is on the wrong side of the carb. the only thing i have ever seen that is supposed to suspend the fuel to keep it from puddleing is an intake gasket witch had a very fine wire mesh screen imbedded in it. this would work, but probably at some flow cost. this thing would never work.

the tornado does not do anything. We sell them at NAPA and give a 30 day money back guarantee if you are not satisfied, so if you wanna try it, go ahead.....I flat out tell people that i don't believe it will do anything but that we offer that guarantee so there is no risk, and most people never bring them back! i think they convince themselves that they work. The ricer kids just love them (well the one's that are only into the 'look' anyway....some of the ricer kids actually do have fast cars....they don't make them fast with the tornado though..... ) If you go look at one and see what it is you won't say it's "only" $69.00 either, you'll say "holy **** that thing is 69 bucks!!! "

MIKE 38sc said:

David

Unless your talking about the intake ports and into the combustion chamber, then swirl or turbulance is a good thing.

Yes, but the swirl and turbulence in an intake port is for fuel atomization. It still hurts the flow but the better burn makes up or the flow loss.

An even swirl through a restricted opening can help flow, but the swirl must a clean (non turbulent) flow. Take a 2-liter bottle and fill it half way with water. Now turn it over and and see how it comes out. Next, refill and get the water spinning before turning over, this time the water will flow out nicely (party due to the ease of air getting back in). If you poke a hole in the bottom to let air in you'll get the same result.

This tornado does nothing at all. The makers should be prosecuted for false advertising.

Aaron

Aaron

Last edited:
Back