EEC Tuner vs. TwEECer

The Tweecer has multiple "tune" positions and mounts outside of the EEC. It can completely reprogram the entire ROM and allows you to have different tune setting at the flip of a switch.You also have to pay a lot extra to get the one that loggs.

The EEC-tuner mounts internal to the EEC and has limited modification capability (number of individual mods) but does log.

If I get my butt in gear I should have mine out by the end of year. Multiple tune settings (8 for a 1 bank EEC), reprogram the entire ROM, and logging (in the future) for less than $200.

Aaron

Hell Yeah! Aaron you put me on your very interested list.
How do you plan to support the thingy youre working on?
Are you doing your own software?:eek: :cool:

i just talked to the guy at MN12 Performance about a week or 2 ago about this, because i want one, he says he's hopeing for by the end of the year to be out, he's waiting for the software to be done, and he's not in control of how quick it will be done or not (someone else's is making the software), i also want one, also another thing if your wondering whats the difference between the RT version and non RT, they both have the same harware and the r/t has a software advantage, and you could by the software upgrade later on (according to what MN12 performance told me).. i guess you can see what your tuning some kind of visual screen when you change your settings you can see the difference...but another thing is to test it out, i think he said there are a couple people that are letting him use there SC's for this experiment, they have to test it out, but he's waiting on the sofware.Hopefully everything works out good..i cant wait to get one of these tunner's.. Alex LaChance

If any of you are on TCCoA, Rich put out a call for TwEECer testers about a month ago, in Texas. I'd give it a few more months before anything concrete happens.

The RT version allows you to "see" how your changes affect your EEC, here's a picture:

calmon2.jpg

I have used this version before and it's pretty awesome. I believe the RT also allows for wide-band input.

The EEC tuner does not have datalogging for our pcm's.

Last time I spoke to the guys at Tweecer, they wanted me to be a tester, but given all the hassles I have had with my car, I declined.

Good luck guys.

BTW the EEC tuner doesn't have limited modification capability, the only limit is by how many memory locations have been identified - to change a parameter, the address of that parameter in the 56k PCM program memory image has to be known. And to make things even more complex, the parameter addressing is different on each PCM family. The same "limitation" applies to the TwEECer. Both remap the entire PCM program memory, so both have access to all the same parameters.

The TwEECer RT data logging for an extra $170 is a pretty good deal, the only similar product I've seen for EEC-IV is the Ease PC scan tool, and that costs $350.

Back