PDA

View Full Version : Pinging!!!

Wolfs_Rain
10-27-2003, 07:57 AM
I was looking at buying a SC and I noticed that when I get on it it has some pinging. The guy said he's running premium in it. What are some other causes of this that you guys have seen. Could the ping be caused by carbon build up? An old guy owned the car most of its life so I was thinking that could be the problem. What are some other things that cause the ping?

vancouverBC
10-27-2003, 01:07 PM
What year, what trans, does it have EGR? If EGR tube is off, broken, or cracked, it will ping or detonate. Its a bit of a pain to get to b/c its located behind the SC/plenum along the firewall and theres no space. It could be somthing else but this is 1 to check if the SC has ever been off the car, if left unrepaired it will eat away the head gasket. Good luck

Wolfs_Rain
10-27-2003, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the help I'll check that. The car is a '94 auto. I'm not sure if it has EGR. I dought the SC has been off the car becuase it has under 50,000 miles on it but its possible.

93lx
10-27-2003, 03:40 PM
i would check the fuel pressure as well. my 93 na pings under acceleration because my pump is weak. it is only pushing 28psi instead of 32psi. just a thought.