Pinging Only Sometimes?

mikey

Hi all...again!!!

I recently installed a new stock crank pulley and balancer...but used the old crank sensor( i took off old sensor..cleaned it up..and put back on)...now sometimes i get a pinging!!! I am guessing the sensor is wrong somehow!!

Also when it does ping there is a major loss of power....

When i run an EEC test..it tells me that my "Fuel Injectors Out Of Balance",sorry i don't have code right now..could this all be caused by a bad crank sensor....I am thinking when I installed it i didn;t gap it properly or something..is there even a wrong way to install it?

Thanks to all who help!!!!!!!!

If it started at all, it more or less on right. The Q is what did you use to gap it? I used a little match book paper about .020" and held it between the vane and the sensor and turned the crank clockwise. When do you get the ping, under boost? good luck

hey...Vancouver

Hi .. thanks for your reply...

When I installed my crank sensor.. I tried to use the matchbook like I heard we can...but....it didn't work out so well!!!

It kept on falling out so I eventually said sc#$w it...And did what i could....This probably wasn't the best Idea!!!

My Baby is going to the garage here right away...so In the spring I am just going to install a new one and keep my fingers crossed!!!

It could be the connector where it plugs into the old part of the harness to, so try unplugging it and clean it.
The match book paper has to be really thin, like maybe an 3/16th" wide otherwise it will hit and fall out. I think the Ford tool is a magnetic strip.
Good luck

Back