IRS Bushings / Ford Parts Guy ???

DJBreuer

Ok...I just wanna get the stock bushings (the 91 auto) ... I dont feel like waiting for the poly ones to come in ... I ordered them from my local friendly Ford dealer ... He called the next day and asked if I have a stick or an auto ... said one of the two pieces of the bushing is different for a stick as opposed to an auto. I got the "correct" auto bushing and it doesnt fit ... the two pieces dont push together all of the way. I believe that its due to an extra "collar" so to speak in the upper bushing, rather than just a washer at the back (I'll upload i picture later if I can). Can anyone tell me the current part numbers for the bushings that I need? The two that he gave me are part numbers (91 auto IRS bushings ... INCORRECT upper bushing?)
Upper - F3SZ-4B424-A
Lower - E9SZ-4B431-B

I am gonna try to straighten this out with him tomarrow ... any quick advice would be greatly appreciated. This is the HARDEST part to order from Ford ... When I replaced the ones in the 90 5speed, they ordered a totally different mount that didnt look anything like the IRS Bushings do.

I think that WE (members of the SCCOA board) need to compile a COMPLETE parts diagram listing online! That would solve these little BS problems!

I have removed & replaced rear ends on both Autos & 5 speeds and they were all the same. Sorry I don't have a part no. b/c I either put them back or switched to pollys from mn12performance.
Good luck

Those are the same part numbers I come up with in the Ford catalogue here. Usually the difference between 5-speeds and auto. cars for the bushings is the hardness of the material, something you wouldn't be able to identify visually.

Maybe the pieces he ordered in were packaged wrong ? Ford does that sometimes. Looks like all years of the SC are using the same bushings from what I can see.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Back