heat compound

yes it looks really promising, I think I will buy one, do u think it would be worth puting a heatsink wiht a fan on top like in the middle of the DIS, only problem would be powering the fan...

Yes Artic Silver is VERY good heat sink compound, I've used it in all my rigs that I built. I'm on my Athlon 1700 xp(1.47 Ghz) Tbred rig right now, its overclocked to 2.2 Ghz(hot rodded) and running a nice cool 38 deg cels right now thanks in part to Artic Silver.
I did test the other compunds as well but Artic Silver lowered processor temps by 3 deg cels.:)

Yes, it is some good stuff. Worth the price if you are trying to keep a $400 CPU nice and cool for overclocking.

My proffessional opinion is it is overkill and is not needed. If you clean the oxides off both surfaces and apply a thin (remember the 1mil thickness in their specs) coating of standard heat transfer compound you will be fine.

The biggest bonus is from keeping silicon out from under your hood (silicon kills O2 sensors).

A heatsink on top of the DIS won't do a whole lot, the thermal path is through the bottom. Thermally isolating the bottom from the accessory bracket and placing a fan cooled heat sink on the bottom would drop the temps considerably though.

Aaron

Back